Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 81
05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugster View Post
im sorry, but random is random, last CGE i ran 3 of us got the mk12 gun

there needs to be a reason to play, if they made them available for EDC then what will you do when you get your full set of 12s?

Every MMO ive played has had RNG at endgame....sucks but there isnt any other logical way to do it
What you have just intimated is a reason NOT to play. That kind of artificial rarity is quickly burning me out. Once you realize that the system is fundamentally broken, and that no amount of skill or work or effort on your part will pay off EVER, you kind of start to lose your motivation for playing, which, evidently is exactly what Cryptic wants, I guess. No other logical reason to enforce a mechanic that drives people AWAY from a facet of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 82
05-14-2012, 06:33 PM
+1
/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 83
05-14-2012, 08:52 PM
This thread title and discussion resembles the opening cutscene in The 2800: Boldly They Rode.

Community: We must increase the STF drop rate. Endgame is boring! Players are leaving in droves!

Cryptic: No! We will not accept that. We are DEAD. We will redeem ourselves by sucking our playerbase dry. Grinding is LIFE!

Community: But you must not say such things, we are the paying customers. You MUST-

Cryptic: *Closes channel*

Community: Gah, he's closed the channel! What was that other game coming out soon, Guild Wars 2? Set course for the GW2 system.
Lt. Commander
# 84
05-14-2012, 10:08 PM
+1
It's not normal day. I'm agree with you
Just kidding:p
Lt. Commander
# 85
05-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
This thread title and discussion resembles the opening cutscene in The 2800: Boldly They Rode.

Community: We must increase the STF drop rate. Endgame is boring! Players are leaving in droves!

Cryptic: No! We will not accept that. We are DEAD. We will redeem ourselves by sucking our playerbase dry. Grinding is LIFE!

Community: But you must not say such things, we are the paying customers. You MUST-

Community: Gah, he's closed the channel! What was that other game coming out soon, Guild Wars 2? Set course for the GW2 system.
Oh yes, this was spot on and funny as hell.
Lt. Commander
# 86 . . .
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Cryptic won't listen. I've done what? 400+ ELITE Ground STFs on the same character over and over. What Proto Tech have I got? ONE Armor Proto Tech. NOTHING else. it's so annoying when you fight and wipe Borg off the face of the map, then what do you get? Stuff you don't need . . . oh yeah, and not to mention the big fat lockbox slapped on top of the reward bag. And my skills are at maximum, I've been working HARD to get good at this game. And my skills are at top. But what do I get? Lockboxes, Salvage, and -(Fill In The Blank Useless Item)-, it's so disappointing to get the impression that Cryptic is trying to get all kinds of money from us and don't want to get rid of chance this and chance that and bugged-up rare time-gated content.
Lt. Commander
# 87
05-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara

And don't forget D3 came out today lol.

--

I heard it mentioned before that cryptic plans to use the salvage tokens to buy the mk12 sets, which is fine, I think that's actually fair. And I'm sayin this as a person with full mk12 sets on all my toons, make it fair for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 88
05-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGalaxy
Cryptic won't listen. I've done what? 400+ ELITE Ground STFs on the same character over and over. What Proto Tech have I got? ONE Armor Proto Tech. NOTHING else. it's so annoying when you fight and wipe Borg off the face of the map, then what do you get? Stuff you don't need . . . oh yeah, and not to mention the big fat lockbox slapped on top of the reward bag. And my skills are at maximum, I've been working HARD to get good at this game. And my skills are at top. But what do I get? Lockboxes, Salvage, and -(Fill In The Blank Useless Item)-, it's so disappointing to get the impression that Cryptic is trying to get all kinds of money from us and don't want to get rid of chance this and chance that and bugged-up rare time-gated content.
+1
I couldn't say more
Lt. Commander
# 89
05-15-2012, 11:43 PM
i think we have to wait until the devs have lost interest in their SWTOR chars and come back for a short visit to STO before Diablo 3 hits....oh wait, Diablo 3 is out since yesterday. Ok, then we won't see any change anymore.

i have my 10+ prototype salvage still lying around for the day they make it tradeable for MK 12 tech stuff^^

Quote:

funny as hell and spot on!
Lt. Commander
# 90
05-16-2012, 07:30 AM
i have played the STF's for around two solid weeks now that summer is around.

- i have gotten around 80-100 EDC's (which are only good for duty officers if you want to have all four or MK XI gear)
- about 3 rare shield techs (useless for MK XII)
- 7-9 prototype borg salvage
- and ZERO of other kinds.
- probably 300-500 *%#@$(^#$ ferengi lock boxes THAT ARE USELESS . << that **** isnt tolerable when you have to discard 20+ at a time. also EVERYONE PASSES on them.

there has been almost zip in drop rates for gear. there needs to be a desperate change in the chance algorithm.

someone need to fix this .
Closed Thread