Lt. Commander
# 1 Of Bajor ... end?
02-19-2012, 03:32 PM
I have done up to the point of communicating with DS9 and then showed videos etc.... they said they wont give up DS9.... did i do this wrong? is that the end of the mission? do i have to reply the whole thing to get the right response?

Seems a bit odd?

Please advise?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2012, 03:38 PM
It does end rather abruptly and I was wondering what was what but having played it a couple more times and chosen different evidence to use I still get the same outcome, I think it is a no win scenario.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Its a no win. Ive done it 3 times now. I think cryptic are trying out new gameplay options at the moment
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 04:03 PM
It's nice but after the end it suddenly occurred to me:
Those guys are 40 years behind technologically. Destroying all those ships shouldn't be a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2012, 04:07 PM
you'd think wouldn't you
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2012, 04:30 PM
However, they were massively more advanced during the First Dominion War. Fed technology has now caught up to them, but many TNG-era ships are still in service, like the Galaxy and Excelsior (actually a TOS era ship).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
It is no win, but one option stream I picked offered a different cut-scene after the "I won't give it up". It was discuss the treaty and then prove the founder was there. Worked with my fed but not klink???
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
it is a no win scenario.
this. otherwise the next 3 missions would be somewhat pointless.

Quote:
Those guys are 40 years behind technologically. Destroying all those ships shouldn't be a problem.
ehh yes and no. keep in mind that while the ships may be somewhat old, they're still pretty well built and armed warships, manned by professional soldiers. not to mention the sheer number of them - even outgunned technologically, they have overwhelming strength in numbers and a willing to use any means necessary to win. 20 or 30 fighters could cripple a decent sized modern fleet if they were desperate enough to make suicide runs on them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2012, 09:07 PM
And of course, let's not forget the signature Jem'Hadar tactic of ramming their opponents into oblivion.

Their ships may be four decades out of date, which may well explain why an Excelsior can hold its own against some of them. But now imagine a huge fleet of fighters and small frigates RAMMING you relentlessly.

I don't care ho old their ships are. If enough of them ram you... you be hosed!

I'm acutally surprised the Dev's didn't include that tactic.

(Though admittedly, I haven't played the holo-mission where you fight the smaller Jem'Hadar vessels yet.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
Well, consider how far ahead of us the Dominoin were 40 years ago. They wrecked fleets of Warbirds, mandhandled the Galaxy class, and the Klingon counterpart only escaped by plot armor - there was only one Negh'var and it carried one or more major characters.

Consider the "modern" Jem'hadar we fight in the Cardassian front, though (both True Way and Dominion proper in the USS Rapier mission). They're weak - one of the less dangerous space enemies in the game, in fact. The Cardassians are a bigger threat, and prior to the Dominion War the Federation didn't take them seriously even in an open war.

We've already been fighting an enemy left behind by technology. Their designs may have evolved so we can identify the ships from the wormhole as older styles, but their capabilities have languished.