Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Are you aware that particle is not spelled partical and dissipating is not spelled disapating? And receive(d) is not spelled recieve(d)?
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Devs, are you aware that Ker'rat has been bugged for at least 2 years and that it is still bugged in exactly the same was? http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...at+bugs&page=2 The borg still get stuck, they still fire on you but you cannot fire on them, they still get stuck some sort of strechy time warp thing, they still spawn inside each other... still. 2 years later. Those aren't minor bugs and really seem like simple fixes (change the size of the interaction with the inanimate objects for the borg or something along those lines). 2 years. Did I mention it's been 2 years? this just... I mean... wow. I really do like this game, but if those bugs have been there for 2 years, what bugs will remain (mouse locked to throttle? ships flying upside down when engaging thrusters in Ker'rat?). I know, I know "if you don't like the bugs, don't play it"... I just want to point out that that is really just allowing them to continue to ignore prevalent bugs? I see that thought process in the post I linked, in game, and in other posts. Head in the sand tactics are what is hoped for (again, I look to ker'rat being broken and unchanged for the last two years). Again, it's not so much that it is Ker'rat, it's that some fairly easy to fix - though fairly obvious - bugs have not been fixed. Just because a game is free, doesn't mean people don't pay into it and it doesn't mean that the people that work on it should ignore their customers. Pretty simple logic to me, but so is naked ice cream wrestling, so take that with a grain of salt.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasafras
Devs, are you aware that Ker'rat has been bugged for at least 2 years and that it is still bugged in exactly the same was? http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...at+bugs&page=2 The borg still get stuck, they still fire on you but you cannot fire on them, they still get stuck some sort of strechy time warp thing, they still spawn inside each other... still. 2 years later. Those aren't minor bugs and really seem like simple fixes (change the size of the interaction with the inanimate objects for the borg or something along those lines). 2 years. Did I mention it's been 2 years? this just... I mean... wow. I really do like this game, but if those bugs have been there for 2 years, what bugs will remain (mouse locked to throttle? ships flying upside down when engaging thrusters in Ker'rat?). I know, I know "if you don't like the bugs, don't play it"... I just want to point out that that is really just allowing them to continue to ignore prevalent bugs? I see that thought process in the post I linked, in game, and in other posts. Head in the sand tactics are what is hoped for (again, I look to ker'rat being broken and unchanged for the last two years). Again, it's not so much that it is Ker'rat, it's that some fairly easy to fix - though fairly obvious - bugs have not been fixed. Just because a game is free, doesn't mean people don't pay into it and it doesn't mean that the people that work on it should ignore their customers. Pretty simple logic to me, but so is naked ice cream wrestling, so take that with a grain of salt.

How long did you say Kerrat has been bugged?

And where can I see naked ice Cream wrestling?

Lt. Commander
# 44
02-21-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
And where it can die with no dev response. Thanks.
Did you really think a general *****ing thread would get a dev response?
Lt. Commander
The "damage" one would normally incur as a result of dying on Advanced and Eilite difficulties is still bugged.

A player can incur lots of damage through dying, same with the bridge officers. However, once you go through a map transition, the damage magically heals itself leaving the player with only one minor injury or minor damage.

This seems to only be true of player characters in space and on the ground, bridge officers however seem to retain their damage properly.

I know many have whined about being punished for dying, but I like having consequences for getting my ship blown out from under me and being forced to return to starbase if need be for major repairs.

Please look into this, thanks.