Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
I finished my new mission and, before publishing it, I previewed it first, but I saw there was something skewed with the preview.

There are three objectives on the mission list, but, for whatever reason, it states that two out of three of the objectives have been completed.

I'm pretty sure this isn't normal... :p Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks for the help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Sometimes when you preview a map it's not spawned correctly when you appear.

In preview mode, click Reset Map before you start testing stuff to make sure all the objectives you set are ready.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that back in the old days when Foundry first worked, this never happened, it all worked fine. It's only recently that it's become an unreliable feature.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, though, I hit "Reset Map", but it still stated the 3rd objective only; it didn't reset showing the first objective.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Can you describe your story line with your objectives including all map transitions and Triggers linked to objectives?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Can you describe your story line with your objectives including all map transitions and Triggers linked to objectives?
Grant Mission Dialog

Popup Dialog - Mission Start

Map Transition: Leaving Qo'nos: First City (Leave from: Orion District club door)

Entering Spacedock
Spawn at: Spawn Point #1

Task - Talk to Contact

Task - Reach Marker

Popup Dialog

Map Transition: Leaving Spacedock (Leave from Whole Map)

Entering Ship Interior
Spawn at: Spawn Point #2

Task - Talk to Contact

(depending on the choice made, the mission either ends on the ship or...)

Map Transition: Leaving Ship Interior (Leave from Whole Map)

Entering Spacedock

<I hope this helps out! I tried to give you the transitions without spoiling anything. >

('cause, when this works and I can publish it, it's gonna be Part 1 of a 3-part series)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
Grant Mission Dialog

Popup Dialog - Mission Start

Map Transition: Leaving Qo'nos: First City (Leave from: Orion District club door)

Entering Spacedock

ETC...

Entering Spacedock
This is your problem, you can not use the same map twice within the one mission, let alone the same spawn point. Once you leave a custom map you can not return to it. If this is the issue, duplicate the map and then you can title it the same, however it counts as a different map.

Quote:
(depending on the choice made, the mission either ends on the ship or...)
This also has me woried unless your using object complete non objectives to change the maps environment using triggers.

If this is not the issue you can send me PM of some PrtScn of the story line and I might be able to help further. Don't threat, there is a work around for everything and plenty of people willing to help. good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Don't threat, there is a work around for everything and plenty of people willing to help. good luck.
I assume you mean "fret"?

Lt. Commander
# 8
02-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks to your advice, I was able to fix the problems.

I'd duplicated the Spacedock map and changed the name, so that way it's not the same one twice.

Unfortunately the mission objectives didn't quite work out the way I wanted them to [I wanted two different options when one clicks two different dialog choices], but, even though I couldn't do that, I think the mission is pretty good.

Once I create the other two (hehe It's a 3-part series; actually the first multi-mission I've ever done [and the second one in total. ]), I'll post the descriptions here for people to try them out.

This is the first Klingon mission I've done so I really hope people like it!

Thanks again for all your help!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Thanks to your advice, I was able to fix the problems.

I'd duplicated the Spacedock map and changed the name, so that way it's not the same one twice.

Unfortunately the mission objectives didn't quite work out the way I wanted them to [I wanted two different options when one clicks two different dialog choices], but, even though I couldn't do that, I think the mission is pretty good.

Once I create the other two (hehe It's a 3-part series; actually the first multi-mission I've ever done [and the second one in total. ]), I'll post the descriptions here for people to try them out.

This is the first Klingon mission I've done so I really hope people like it!

Thanks again for all your help!
Sounds great, look forward to it. No the only real way to make multiple objectives is by using triggers to guide your audience along different paths within the one map, however to do this the end objective must stay the same as unfortunately there is no way to make multiple objectives within the story line. Good luck and have fun with foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2012, 03:18 PM
BTW, one of the big changes in the pipeline right now is to change the interface so that it is *lot* clearer that you can not use a map more than once.