Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Hey Brian;

We're going to do Contamination on BroadcastUGC this week.

Would you like to come and join us on the show?

We try to start 2pm PST Sunday.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Run through the mission again and it is getting better and better.

Noted several bottles hanging in the air. Just replace them with 10ft invisible area or invisible walls.
The invisible area has a huge trigger radius but you can pass through it like it is not there at all. The invisible walls are blocking, however they have smaller trigger radius. (we really need an invisible area 1ft)
You can localize the trigger effect if you elevate a 10ft invisible wall to maybe 3-4m above or below ground. That will not block but can still trigger.

About the forest map, I think you misunderstud me. I didn't opt for more mobs to have more combat. Those mobs should be posted on the perimeter some distance away. So in this sense, they would be only part of the set not actual enemy to defeat. The logic behind it that they are securing the perimeter so noone could enter or leave but they don't deploy inside. Apart from a patrol or two.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazag
Hey Brian;

We're going to do Contamination on BroadcastUGC this week.

Would you like to come and join us on the show?

We try to start 2pm PST Sunday.
Wow! I'd be happy to be there. What do I need to do?

Thanks
Brian
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
Run through the mission again and it is getting better and better.
Thanks. I made all the battles optional, or trigger able depending on the map. I also corrected a few errors in the dialog and toned down the snarky response to the skip dialog. Basically I removed the “Plot’s bore me” from the main skip dialog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
Noted several bottles hanging in the air. Just replace them with 10ft invisible area or invisible walls.
The invisible area has a huge trigger radius but you can pass through it like it is not there at all. The invisible walls are blocking, however they have smaller trigger radius. (we really need an invisible area 1ft)
You can localize the trigger effect if you elevate a 10ft invisible wall to maybe 3-4m above or below ground. That will not block but can still trigger.
I couldn’t see the bottles at all but I did take the one that triggers the enemy engagement and lowered it a little more. It still appears to trigger correctly. I will toy with the invisible wall idea you suggested over the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
About the forest map, I think you misunderstud me. I didn't opt for more mobs to have more combat. Those mobs should be posted on the perimeter some distance away. So in this sense, they would be only part of the set not actual enemy to defeat. The logic behind it that they are securing the perimeter so noone could enter or leave but they don't deploy inside. Apart from a patrol or two.
I think I got it exactly as you described it now. I moved all the guards out to the perimeter and changed references in the dialog to them appropriately. I also fixed the “Research Facility” map. All the fights there are completely optional except the last enemy engagement.

Thanks again for your feedback. You’ve helped me immensely and I’ve learned a lot.
Brian
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil70th
Wow! I'd be happy to be there. What do I need to do?

Thanks
Brian
Just get me your Skype name.

You can do so via in-game mail or email to broadcastugc@starbaseugc.com
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazag
Just get me your Skype name.

You can do so via in-game mail or email to broadcastugc@starbaseugc.com
Thanks. I've set it up and should be ready for Sunday.

Brian
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
Run through the mission again and it is getting better and better.

Noted several bottles hanging in the air. Just replace them with 10ft invisible area or invisible walls.
The invisible area has a huge trigger radius but you can pass through it like it is not there at all. The invisible walls are blocking, however they have smaller trigger radius. (we really need an invisible area 1ft)
You can localize the trigger effect if you elevate a 10ft invisible wall to maybe 3-4m above or below ground. That will not block but can still trigger.

About the forest map, I think you misunderstud me. I didn't opt for more mobs to have more combat. Those mobs should be posted on the perimeter some distance away. So in this sense, they would be only part of the set not actual enemy to defeat. The logic behind it that they are securing the perimeter so noone could enter or leave but they don't deploy inside. Apart from a patrol or two.
Okay... So when I turned on the "Show high detailed objects" I now see the bottles and the grass. I'll be fixing all those elements.

Thanks again,
Brian
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28 All but the Gavin IV Surface
03-01-2012, 01:17 PM
So after turning on "Show high detailed objects" I saw all the bottles Pendra80 mentioned. They've been hidden and everything seems to be working properly. I have republished the mission with those fixes.

I noted from the montage Duke-of-Rock did for his review of this mission there was meadow grass growing in the middle of the duck blind base. I am working on moving the base to an area of the map that does not have grass growing in the middle of the base. I hope to have that done this evening.

Thank you both.
Brian
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29 All elements to date fixed
03-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Okay, so I spent the afternoon adjusting the Gavin IV surface map. Specifically the location of the duck blind base. I moved it so grass no longer grows in the middle of it. I also added a few more elements to make the map more complete. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I run it again and noted that the city walls are flickering. I didn't spot this earlier because I always took the scenic route. This happens because you used the same X or Y value for the given wall line with overlaping blocks. To fix it, add +-0.001 to every 2nd block, should not be noticable but would remove the flicker.

I was thinking about the end fight. You may want to up the mobs a little. I jumped on the whole group and they couldn't even get close. BTW what kind of mobs you use, orion?
I just noticed that they are next to a trench. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it would make a great war scene. Put them into the trench in a line, facing toward the city. Then drop down 2-3 layers of sleeping bags (+0.3 elevation/layer). Or just make a few machine gun pits and make them kneel there.

Something like this: http://www.sto-advanced.com/screensh...2-05-30-07.jpg

Also noted that the bottles are gone and the plating points are placed very accurately. Nice.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM.