Lt. Commander
Is it really that rare? I did Khitomer Accords Elite Ground and got some prototype armour salvage stuff which I happily exchanged for some MACO armour. It was also with complete randoms and my first time doing STFs in quite a while. Sorry if this comes off as bragging, but is it really that hard to come by?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someStarTrekfan12
Is it really that rare? I did Khitomer Accords Elite Ground and got some prototype armour salvage stuff which I happily exchanged for some MACO armour. It was also with complete randoms and my first time doing STFs in quite a while. Sorry if this comes off as bragging, but is it really that hard to come by?
Considering I've done close to 200 STF's and I've received only 1 Prototype Deflector Tech drop. Yeah I'd say they are pretty rare. Consider yourself lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
Considering I've done close to 200 STF's and I've only received only 1 Prototype Deflector Tech drop. Yeah I'd say they are pretty rare. Consider yourself lucky.
Maybe the prophets felt sorry for me? Earlier that day I got a shield req from the exxhange for 43k and it was an uncommon XI ground. So much rage.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Considering I've done close to 200 STF's and I've received only 1 Prototype Deflector Tech drop. Yeah I'd say they are pretty rare. Consider yourself lucky.
Same here, i got the sheild..........and that's it.......they are as rare as getting the bonus in a public elite. lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Well... I should be hitting my 200'th run of infected Elite pretty soon... No coconut yet..
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2012, 06:21 AM
They really need to put in an alternate way to earn these. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of these STF's.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
They really need to put in an alternate way to earn these. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of these STF's.
If you don't want to run STFs anymore, what do you want the high-end anti-Borg gear for?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Its worth taking those "I've done 200 runs" statements with a pinch of salt as regards to how rare these items can be, considering the drop rate has been tweaked a few times since release on holodeck. But they are certainly not called 'rare' for nothing. Don't think of Rare as guaranteed after X runs and you'll be allright.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Its worth taking those "I've done 200 runs" statements with a pinch of salt as regards to how rare these items can be, considering the drop rate has been tweaked a few times since release on holodeck.
Or not. 44 prototype salvage on my alt with 7 XII space weapons and 3 XII ground weapons and I've been simply 'greeding' them lately. What else do I have? Certainly not a full ground set and far from full space set.

Quote:
But they are certainly not called 'rare' for nothing. Don't think of Rare as guaranteed after X runs and you'll be allright.
The only guarantee is that you might NEVER get a set... or you might get it in 3 runs. Great, right?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Its worth taking those "I've done 200 runs" statements with a pinch of salt as regards to how rare these items can be, considering the drop rate has been tweaked a few times since release on holodeck. But they are certainly not called 'rare' for nothing. Don't think of Rare as guaranteed after X runs and you'll be allright.
Very true I just run them knowing I am grinding out EDC's to get the gear. Sometimes I got lucky on my runs and ended up getting the full space set while spending my EDC's on the ground mk xi gear.