Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpasiii View Post
If you don't want to run STFs anymore, what do you want the high-end anti-Borg gear for?
maybe he isnt sick of STF's ...just the way mk xii stf gear is earned...well its not even earned its gambled. Someone runs 20 runs...gets full set...you run 200 get 1 item. Its a gamble.

They should be purchaseable at 80 edc each
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-20-2012, 08:08 AM
I have 4 MACO XI items right now, an engine and the complete ground set.

Only two of those items came from proto techs.

The other three had to come from hours upon hours of EDC grind, and I am still missing the other two ship components despite having used space missions almost exclusively for the EDC grind.
So.
You tell me.
Is something wrong with this picture?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
MACO XI

Only two of those items came from proto techs.

Is something wrong with this picture?
You probably meant rare tech. Other than that I actually don't see a problem with it. At least you are guaranteed to get the set if you play long enough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
You probably meant rare tech. Other than that I actually don't see a problem with it. At least you are guaranteed to get the set if you play long enough.
*Shrug* true enough, my problem being that the grind is disproportionately long and that the rare drops don't come often enough.
(I think there should be one per STF guaranteed, with your daily chances of being the one who gets it going up progressively the more STFs you do where you don't get it.)

You are right of course in that the worst problem by far is the XII 'gamble'.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
*Shrug* true enough, my problem being that the grind is disproportionately long and that the rare drops don't come often enough.
You are probably right though. Up to 240 runs for both ground and space sets (assuming only normals) is pretty much a grind for most people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
I've managed to get two MK. 12 ground shields and nothing else on the ground and nothing for Mk. 12 space.

I don't care about grinding the missions if I feel like I'm making progress. The random drop is dumb, let me work towards a goal. As it stands now I could have the set today or in 6 months, or maybe never at all. That's my biggest issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Hmm I must be really lucky then, I got a full mk10 and 2 pieces of mk11 MACO space set and omega mk10 and 11 shield from just tech drops!
Also I got two mk12 armour drops!
Though I have done 400+ stf's and have one toon with both mk11 ground sets, and another with a full mk10 MACO ground set which were got from edc's alone...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah I don't bother with the elite sets. Done elite stf's hundreds of times and don't even know if I got one.
It isn't fun. Won't do them again for elite drops
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
It looks like as more you grind as less you get. I play STFs occasionally as well as STO itself and 50% of the time I run some STF some thing drops, either its a prototype salvage or Rare salvage. Tech of course drops much less but I haven't done so many STFs like a lot of people here and I've had 4 different techs dropped. I do it very occasionally, maybe 1-2 times a day. several times a week if I have time.

I did probably about 30 STFs and I've had quite a few salvages drop to refit all my ship weapons to regular MKXI and MKXII, got 2 x MKXI Maco shields, MC XII Omega Deflector, MKXII Omega Force Armor, and MKXII Force Shield, bunch of tokens. Played 3 STFs in like 3-4 days and got Prototype Salvage which will give me MKXII commendation.

Maybe the problem is that you guys are so anxious to get the reservation item and completely ignore other rare MKXIIs which are almost similar to Omega and MACO with the exception of some insignificant procs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
It looks like as more you grind as less you get. I play STFs occasionally as well as STO itself and 50% of the time I run some STF some thing drops, either its a prototype salvage or Rare salvage. Tech of course drops much less but I haven't done so many STFs like a lot of people here and I've had 4 different techs dropped. I do it very occasionally, maybe 1-2 times a day. several times a week if I have time.

I did probably about 30 STFs and I've had quite a few salvages drop to refit all my ship weapons to regular MKXI and MKXII, got 2 x MKXI Maco shields, MC XII Omega Deflector, MKXII Omega Force Armor, and MKXII Force Shield, bunch of tokens. Played 3 STFs in like 3-4 days and got Prototype Salvage which will give me MKXII commendation.

Maybe the problem is that you guys are so anxious to get the reservation item and completely ignore other rare MKXIIs which are almost similar to Omega and MACO with the exception of some insignificant procs.
I have rarely seen anything that compared well with the MACO shield in Space and some of the set bonuses are quite nice like the Honor Guard Tactical Readiness.

I sell the vast majority of junk purple MKII stuff I get because it is just garbage. I wish it did not drop to begin with because frankly, I did not run an Elite STF to get some run-of-the-mill Purple MK XII stuff. I ran it to get the SETS.

As for not needing the sets if you are not running STF's... They do not really help THAT much with running STF's to begin with. The reason I want them is for PvP.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 AM.