Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg bridge officers
02-20-2012, 08:18 AM
I am the first one to admit feigning ignorance is no excuse, but c'mon Cryptic, you got me.

I just came back after moths away and admit I know almost nothing about all the new changes. My account had a playable Borg bridge officer. Having come back and purchased more points, I see the option to purchase Borg bridge officers highlighted, but the other options I bought say 'unlocked', obviously I bought them previously. But I figured since the Borg was highlighted, I could have another, so I bought it.

Nope, only one per character. What is up with that? A trap? 400 cryptic points down the drain, and although I bought it in haste, it should have been disabled with all the other unlocks I previously purchased.

I submitted a ticket, I hope they pick wisely and refund me the points or they will lose a customer that, how shall I put it? Spends a lot of money.

I'm willing to eat my mistakes and take the loss, but having that available, but not really, is deceptive.

The new version looks great and I'm eager to get back to the game.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Borg Boffs in the C-Store are per character - only the Legacy Borg BOFF is account-wide. You do not buy it once and get to use it on all your alts. Each alt must purchase it separately. The best thing to do would be to give the BOFF to another alt.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the reply, I have the account wide Borg, therefore it is wasted.
If I made a mistake, so be it, but there is nothing saying you can't use it if you have one already, as other purchases are locked because of this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFarGone
If I made a mistake, so be it, but there is nothing saying you can't use it if you have one already, as other purchases are locked because of this.
Not to particularly disagree with you, because I sympathise your problem, but the description in the C-Store clearly states:

Quote:
If you discard, sell, trade, or use a Borg Bridge Officer for training, you WILL NOT be able to claim a free replacement from the C-Store. You can only have a single Borg Bridge officer active at once
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2012, 08:36 AM
What you might want to do is sell the one you purchased from the C-Store to someone via Trade or on the Exchange. That way you can recoup some of the losses in EC if Cryptic doesn't give you a CP refund.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFarGone
As an FYI, there are now two different types of Borg Bridge Officer. The account-wide one which is bound to your account, un-tradable, available from legacy unlocks, and not available for purchase any more. And the per-character one which is 400 points a pop and tradable.

Prior to Season 5, the only type of Borg Bridge Officer was the account-wide, bound one.

But yeah, the C-Store should warn you that you are about to purchase a one-off if you have the account-wide, no longer available version unlocked. I guess it's "buyer beware" until Cryptic fixes this in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you all for the replies. I admit the purchase was in haste, and I feel like an idiot. I should know better.

Good news is that I submitted a ticket and they promptly refunded my points, they didn't have too and although my post was written out of frustration at my own stupidity, I wasn't really going to sweat it if they didn't refund it as after all it was my fault.

Thanks Cryptic and your great customer service.