Lt. Commander
# 41
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoutLoud
By the way, I'm not your average joe. I have everything updated, drivers, software, direct x, whatever. If this continues, by the end of the week, cryptic will have lost a loyal customer. It is bad business ethics to not resond to these kind of problems, especially if they want to sell this game to anyone.
A Cryptic programmer gave you CLEAR evidence (with links) that OTHER games are expperiencing the same issue using the driver you currently have installed, and gave you teh version number of a new driver that you can easily download and install. Other than using that advice, you want to continue to claim the driver isn;t the issue and instead of seeing if updating the diver will indeed fix the problem, (and if it doesn't, you can always do a quick driver rollback - and since you're not an 'average joe' ; that should be easy for you); you simply want to argue that it can't be your driver.

IIf you don't want to accept or teey the helpful suggestions that have been provided, that's your choice; but to then claim in effect that no one from Cryptic is trying to help fix your issue is quite honestly ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Before i give you my specs, i want to tell you: This game is awsome, or it would be if the dang thing didnt crash all the freaking time. Within the past week, it has crashed virtually every time i have started and played the game. I have no clue why. I send the error reports and such, and its starting not to be worth playing.

Specs:
32-Bit W7 (upgraded from vista)
W7 SP1

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 1.5 GHz
Memory (ram): 3Gb

I couldn't find a whole lot on the forums, so i just decided to post one. Does ANYONE know how this can be fixed? Also, i did not download the game, i bought a $10 retail version (came with free origional flagship) and I would really like to play the game seamlessly...

one more thing, it did work flawlessly during the first week... Crashed to certain specific things (like opening the roster of the fleet and looking at it) but it got worse and now i cant play without a crash. I'm a programmer, so i looked into the files (mostly the data files) that werent binary and could not find anything wrong with them. I have to assume it is the way the program is written and the operating system it is interacting with. I can find no other explanations. If you have a fix for this, i would really appreciate it.
I had a similar issue on my dell studio (similar specs)... the problem fixed itself when I updated my graphics driver...
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
By the way, I'm not your average joe. I have everything updated, drivers, software, direct x, whatever. If this continues, by the end of the week, cryptic will have lost a loyal customer. It is bad business ethics to not resond to these kind of problems, especially if they want to sell this game to anyone.
  1. Open command prompt
  2. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
  3. Click "Yes".
  4. Once it is done, click on "Save All Information" and save it to your desktop using whatever name you want.
  5. Open the text file you just saved
  6. Scroll down to the "Display Devices" section
  7. Copy and paste that section into this thread.

When you are done, it should look like this (except with your computer info and not mine):
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68E4)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_1641103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 3559 MB
Dedicated Memory: 500 MB
Shared Memory: 3059 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: LGD027A
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.080Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: atiu9p64.dll,atiuxp64.dll,atiuxp64.dll,atiu9pag,at iuxpag,atiuxpag,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.14.0001.6143 (English)
Driver Version: 8.770.2.2000
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/8/2010 17:17:50, 37376 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2BA4-11CF-7364-4036A1C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x68E4
SubSys ID: 0x1641103C
Revision ID: 0x0000
Driver Strong Name: oem3.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_Manhattan_PX AA:8.770.2.2000:pci\ven_1002&dev_68e4&subsys_16411 03c
Rank Of Driver: 00E60001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-22-2012, 02:27 PM
This is a friendly reminder that the Tech Support part of the forums are to help each other or to seek help.

NOT TO FLAME OR INSULT each other. Everyone in this thread, please consider this as your only reminder to please behave in a more polite manner on these forums.

Please know that if we make suggestions to help you, and ask you for system information, it is because we are trying to help you solve your problem.

It is ultimately up to you how you want to install or update things on your system, and it is assumed you will use your best judgement based on the data presented by us and your own research findings.

With that said:

If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-...-10227353.html or http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis then download and install the program.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your ticket.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your ticket.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.

----

Make it so.

Engage.

Luke, er... KHAAAAAAN!!! ??

End of Line.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
when i get the cryptic popup crap to send an error report, i feel like im wasting my time, because there is literally (quite literally) ALWAYS a problem when im playing the game.
And here I find it useless to submit error reports because it always says it's submitting but never actually seems to complete the submission? It just sits there. And of course it's the decompression error folks are aware of but hasn't been resolved yet, apparently...?

~MG