Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 quad cannons
02-20-2012, 12:42 PM
ok when i started my first char and got it to captian i bought the san paulo and noticed it had 1 quad cannon on it
i then spent a while trying to find more quad cannons is that the only time u get them and if so can u plz add them to game as they work realy well with the ship and want to get sum for my cloaked defiant when i get to vice admiral so can we plz get more of these guns in game plz their awesume in battles but just 1 sucks a bit


foxy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-20-2012, 12:49 PM
The Quad Cannons you got with your Sao Paulo will auto level with you and are a unique weapon that only comes with that ship. You may use them on any of your escorts though. When you hit Rear Admiral LH, the damage on them will adjust to your new rank.

That being said, I think they currently cap out at the equivalent of a mark X epic. So you may eventually replace them with a mark 11 or mark 12 dual / dual heavy cannons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
yeah it would be nice if we can buy them ingame also though just for the defiant class ship or klingon equivilent as i find them to do more dps than duals do so plz can we add these to be able to buy them in game also even if its for dylithium id still buy them well worth it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-21-2012, 07:27 PM
I love the quads and wish I could equip several of them on my defiant refit. The pay to win haters will flip out over that idea, but i'd even like the paid for set allong with either craftable or mission reward defiant class/ klingon equivalant only equip regular quads. I think the only 2 other things that could ever make me happier in the game with my defiant refir would being able to put the shuttle 360 degree arc phaser banks and making the ens. tac boof slot a universal, but I realize that would make the ship real crazy....but everyone has a pipe dream.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
I love the quads and wish I could equip several of them on my defiant refit. The pay to win haters will flip out over that idea, but i'd even like the paid for set allong with either craftable or mission reward defiant class/ klingon equivalant only equip regular quads. I think the only 2 other things that could ever make me happier in the game with my defiant refir would being able to put the shuttle 360 degree arc phaser banks and making the ens. tac boof slot a universal, but I realize that would make the ship real crazy....but everyone has a pipe dream.
From what I had hear, the quad cannons aren't any better than, I think, mk XI DHCs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
From what I had hear, the quad cannons aren't any better than, I think, mk XI DHCs.

actually that is not correct. Remember the "Damage\DPS" you see if the weapon is of the weapons initial burst. The QUad Cannon Cycle faster then DHC's, there fore out of sheer repeating fire they quickly begin to out distance DHC's in overall DPS.

Now DHC still are slightly higher spikers on the initial burst, but the Quad's quickly begin to out distance them simple due to their faster cyclic rate of fire.

I run on the wife's BOP 2 DHC with a Quad up from, 1 torp, and 2 turrets. the damage nuts!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
[color="DarkOrange"]
actually that is not correct. Remember the "Damage\DPS" you see if the weapon is of the weapons initial burst. The QUad Cannon Cycle faster then DHC's, there fore out of sheer repeating fire they quickly begin to out distance DHC's in overall DPS.

Now DHC still are slightly higher spikers on the initial burst, but the Quad's quickly begin to out distance them simple due to their faster cyclic rate of fire.
You DO realize that Damage per Second = Volley Damage / Rate of Fire, right? That faster RoF is already accounted for by the game when it shows you the numbers.

The damage break-even is about a Mk 11 [Dmg]x2 or Mk 12 [Dmg]x1, if the wiki is to be believed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekesulastin
You DO realize that Damage per Second = Volley Damage / Rate of Fire, right? That faster RoF is already accounted for by the game when it shows you the numbers.

The damage break-even is about a Mk 11 [Dmg]x2 or Mk 12 [Dmg]x1, if the wiki is to be believed.
Right, the quad cannons have more damage, because it has [Dmg]x3, right?

So, there are no options for [Acc], [CrtD], and [CrtH], which some people find more useful.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-23-2012, 02:04 AM
The lack of Crit Sev alone makes them 'meh' at end game. However, dps isn't for everyone in this game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.