Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Lethal Lottery sponsored by the 12th Fleet.

When: Sunday March 11 at 2:00 PM Eastern

Where: Drozana Station. Enter the system but donít enter the station itself. Weíll be in orbit next to the station. Itís important you be at the station as physical proximity facilitates communication.

The Lethal Lottery is a set of randomly generated 3v3 matches. For each round, I will randomly select three ship teams then randomly pair the teams together for space challenge matches. These matches will be for 10 kills or 15 minutes, whichever comes first. If we have an odd number of teams, the extra players will get a bye and will be guaranteed slots in all further matches. After each round, weíll tabulate points based on the outcomes. Match winners will get two points, losers will get zero points, and those on bye will get one point. Once the first roundís matches are complete, the event organizers tabulate the points, randomly reassign the teams, and matches start again.

The event is pretty simple. There are no restrictions on ships or powers Ė bring your Federation or Klingon Vice Admiral. The thing not allowed is the Jem'Hadar shields, because of a recent unbalancing Cryptic bug. You must stick with the captain you signed up with. If you switch captains, you lose the points youíve accrued. Please sign up early in this thread with the charactername@handle youíre bringing to the match -- that will really help me prepare for the event. If you donít sign up here, then please arrive 15 minutes early and send your charactername@handle to me (Sysil@siyanlis) and Drake (drake@dariandrakon). Weíll cut off signups promptly at 2:00 and start matches shortly thereafter.

Disconnects: Each team is allowed one disconnect. After the person reconnects and the match is restarted, the previous score remains valid. For example, if a player from Team A disconnects and Team A was losing to Team B 5-3, then when the match restarts, Team B wins the round with 5 more kills. Team A would require 7 kills to win the match. If there is a second disconnect, the teams play on. This rule is for time purposes. It's difficult to get in four rounds in two hours -- we need to keep things moving.

We understand that coordination via text is difficult. For this event, we will be providing a Teamspeak server. Using this server is not obligatory but is highly recommended for better coordination of the teams. The server information will be given shortly before the matches start.

While just about everyone can have fun at the Lethal Lottery, this event is not for everyone. If you have difficulty accepting that STOís powers are changing and youíre only interested in strictly prescribed matches where only specific powers are allowed, this isnít the event for you. If you donít think you have two full hours to devote to the event, than this event isnít for you. If youíre just interested in trolling our event, please donít come. Weíll be strictly monitoring the Teamspeak server and will react swiftly to trolls.

We will not be monitoring for the use of exploits. If someone accuses another participant of exploiting, proof will have to be provided immediately after the match. If we are satisfied that someone is using an exploit, we will forfeit his points and he will be out of the lottery. If no proof is given, we will not act on your word alone.

See you all Sunday!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 01:12 PM
well, you know were I'll be
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Count me in!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2012, 01:41 PM
There...last 1 was sick
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Edit: sorry, gotta work on sunday. Not gonna be able to make it :-(
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2012, 01:46 PM
i'll see if i can get off, i missed the last one.

wish it was a week earlier.... im on vaca then
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Count me in.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Also, you guys do know that March 10 is a Saturday, right?

Hopefully, you intend to keep it on Saturday, since I doubt I'll have Sunday off.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
Also, you guys do know that March 10 is a Saturday, right?

Hopefully, you intend to keep it on Saturday, since I doubt I'll have Sunday off.
Post fail. It's on sunday the 11th. I'll change my post.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm so in