Lt. Commander
# 31
02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntman1138 View Post
SO we should also be seeing the Millennium Falcon as well???
You joke, but Yoda handing out Bat'Leth Sabers, Champions creating sith/jedi archetypes, and Gozer creating darkside/lightside points in the Operation Gamma bit ...

You do the math. You'll probably get Wookie DOFFs before Lethean BOFFs
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You'll probably get Wookie DOFFs before Lethean BOFFs
You can get a Lethean Boff through a Doff assignment..
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You joke

It is no joke sir. ILM ,who did the CGI for First Contact, included the MF in a couple of frames during the fight. In fact, the MF flies out of an explosion coming from the Borg Cube. Think it is a couple of frames either before of after the image the OP linked to.

It is "canon", therefore we SHOULD have one......
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntman1138 View Post
It is no joke sir. ILM ,who did the CGI for First Contact, included the MF in a couple of frames during the fight. In fact, the MF flies out of an explosion coming from the Borg Cube. Think it is a couple of frames either before of after the image the OP linked to.

It is "canon", therefore we SHOULD have one......
I'm saying you will have one, because the dev team keeps adding Star Wars things to the game anyways.

Lt. Commander
# 35
02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I believe what they were talking about at that time was the ability for people to have limited customization of their ships via Crafting, but I don't believe that had anything to do with re-tiering ships. I could be mistaken, though. And that was a year ago, before FTP.
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2237

Q: Captain-Lang: Will we have refit for lower tier ship such as a miranda refit?

A: While we do not currently intend to add specific lower tier refits into the ship requisition stores, a future goal of the crafting system is to allow players to outfit and refit their own starships. Under that new system, I would hope that you could take a Miranda class ship and using a budget, refit the class to be something more appropriate to modern times. We're a ways off from having details on this type of feature, but I can say we want to see refits in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2237

Q: Captain-Lang: Will we have refit for lower tier ship such as a miranda refit?

A: While we do not currently intend to add specific lower tier refits into the ship requisition stores, a future goal of the crafting system is to allow players to outfit and refit their own starships. Under that new system, I would hope that you could take a Miranda class ship and using a budget, refit the class to be something more appropriate to modern times. We're a ways off from having details on this type of feature, but I can say we want to see refits in the future.
Many Thanks for providing the link!

Lt. Commander
# 37
02-20-2012, 04:04 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...rstcontact.jpg

Just watched First Contact the Millenium Falcon saved the day not the Enterprise! :p
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/gxq595ij/Oberth.jpg

If it's good enough to fight a Borg Cube ....
I second this - I would love to use my Oberth vessel - They should make tier 5 of every ship in the game - I love variety.

I'm tired of seeing Odesseys, sovereigns, defiants, MVAs, Nebulas retrofits, Excelsiors retrofits, whales, and ugly tier 5 sci bobsled starships.

Make tier 5 of every ship, let the player have diversity - ship should level along with the player in regards to BO slots and console slots etc...
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Just because ships show up to fight that doesn't magically make them top of the line. Everything is bracketed in STO by levels, but in real fights you throw it all against the wall and cross your fingers.