Lt. Commander
Hey guys,

What is your opinion of what the recharge time should be for the Intrepid's Ablative Armor ability?

For reference, it currently is set at 3 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Hey guys,

What is your opinion of what the recharge time should be for the Intrepid's Ablative Armor ability?

For reference, it currently is set at 3 minutes.
I think that it is pretty fair and in line with other abilities
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
3minutes seems too long in my eyes, actually one of the reasons I haven't picked up the ship yet. 2 minutes would be better without making it broken. but thats just IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I never used the armor, not once. I donīt play PvP, so I never had a reason too. And I stopped using the Intrepid for that reason. Drawback and no advantages for me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2011, 11:58 AM
What is the current uptime of the power? It would be nice if it wasn't just an "Oh *****" power. Making the timing similar to Evasive would be good if that is the intention of the power. If it is intended to be an alternative form of gameplay, like the defiant cloak and the galaxy seperation and the MVAM, then it should have a much longer up time. this would mean a recharge of more like 10 minutes if you made the armor last until combat was over.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmodest View Post
What is the current uptime of the power? It would be nice if it wasn't just an "Oh *****" power. Making the timing similar to Evasive would be good if that is the intention of the power. If it is intended to be an alternative form of gameplay, like the defiant cloak and the galaxy seperation and the MVAM, then it should have a much longer up time. this would mean a recharge of more like 10 minutes if you made the armor last until combat was over.
Well remember, that when the armor is active, you lose your beam weapons and only have the torpedos.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
3 minutes for 15 seconds of use. its a joke currently, I've never even been able to finish a fight before its run out, usually its good for part of a single pass. I'd honestly say if your not increasing its usage time, about 1.5 to 2 minutes. At least it can be used once or twice a battle.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
The current time is close to perfect from my experiences. Its old recharge time made it close to useless but the 3 minutes means that it is very useful as an emergency power or as a way to sap the enemy team's alphas safely at the beginning of an engagement (if they are not paying attention obviously). 15 seconds every 3 minutes also stops it being a power you can rely on and makes it something used when your team makes a mistake and start being pressured too much.

Further, the ease with which it can be cancelled (anything that takes aux offline) means that a low-ish recharge time is needed to make it anything more than a gimik. However, the power is very strong so it cannot be spammable and should not save you from every alpha the enemy makes. For this reason i feel 3 minutes is around where it should be as it allows the main alpha powers to have 2 or 3 cycles for every 1 of ablative's but still lets you use the power without worrying whether it'll be available when you need it.

Used well the current ablative can save you and your team by easing pressure but reducing the cooldown could lead to the power being overpowered by allowing it to be available any time 2 or 3 ships decide to want you dead. I will say it works far far better in PvP than in PvE, where i hardly ever use it as it reduces damage and does not help me advance the fight.

EDIT: currently ablative is very much a team power and probably always will be. It makes you n incredibly tough tank at the expense of your main weapons and damage output. In a team setting this is very powerful and can turn the tide of a battle, solo: it simply extens the engagement and allows you breathing space. I feel that this is fine and the current time/values fulfil this goal very well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2011, 12:19 PM
TBH the only positiv thing about the Intrepid Refit is the Ablative Armour FX (Skin). The skill is far from usefull if you don't PvP. I have never activated the skill because its use is perhaps the most restricted one in the game.
I only activate it just because of the FX. Give me the skin at the tailor and I will put it out of my power bar.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfelczer View Post
I think that it is pretty fair and in line with other abilities
agreed. compaired to other its right in line already, not really a reason to mess with it.

it isnt broke, so dont fix it.

too many other issues that need attention first.
Closed Thread