Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Gravity Well still broken
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Hey guys,
Gravity Well is still broke. It doesn't work. It gives damage ok, but I was just in Ker'rat, and it won't even pull in tachyon drones. I have Gravity Well 3, a console for it, and am skilled in it. It seems to provide kinetic damage, but doesn't have enough pull to do anything. I remember a time when my Gravity Well 3 was very hard to get out of. Please fix this Cryptic, I can't play my Intrepid till this is fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 05:51 PM
there should be 2 different things to skill on for it. maybe 3 now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
there should be 2 different things to skill on for it. maybe 3 now.
I have a 7 in Graviton Generators, and a 7 in Particle Generators. I also have 1 Graviton and 1 Particle Generator Console. Gravity Well has damage, but it doesn't have what the name says it should have, and that is GRAVITY.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah I'm not getting any gravity pull on mine either, and the amount of damage it's doing because of that is minimal.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2012, 10:37 PM
I just used this to great success in Khitomer Accord STF on the probes, and had zero issues. The probes would fly past them a bit, then get pulled back in.

I have Gravity Well III, I've specc'd the talents to increase it and I have 4 consoles dedicated to increasing the output, and 2 Engineering consoles increasing my Aux Power (as well as Warp Core Potential/Efficiency and Aux Performance, all with 9 points).

Power works as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
I just used this to great success in Khitomer Accord STF on the probes, and had zero issues. The probes would fly past them a bit, then get pulled back in.

I have Gravity Well III, I've specc'd the talents to increase it and I have 4 consoles dedicated to increasing the output, and 2 Engineering consoles increasing my Aux Power (as well as Warp Core Potential/Efficiency and Aux Performance, all with 9 points).

Power works as intended.
Well, if that's what it takes for Gravity Well to work, then I would say it isn't worth it. I can't dedicate all my Science consoles, and Engineering consoles so that one ability will work. That's stupid. back before season 5, I only had one console for Gravity well, and was spec'd into it. That is all I needed. I go to Ker'rat a lot, and I can't dedicate 6 consoles to one ability. I would die in 3 seconds.

Oh, another thing. I am an engineer, and I hit my ability to raise all my power levels before I hit gravity well, and even with that it doesn't do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 09:23 AM
That the problem with the science skills. They should stand on their own, being buffed only by your skill point investment in the related skills, aux power level, and maybe the deflector array. In turn, the science consoles should be made to do other things, so that they will be as useful as the tactical and engineering consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Please fix Gravity well or make it like it was. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I Use Gravity Well III on my Nebula and it works fine. I use it a lot on STF's and have no Problem with it. I just ower up My AUX up to 125 to get the best effect but the Probes and Spheres are pulled in and gets dmg how it should be. I have only one Console in my Ship for Gravity Well and only 3 points on Particle generators and Graviton Generators and its more than enough to stop ships. Perhaps the Tachyon Drones are not effected by Gravity Well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoX3X View Post
I Use Gravity Well III on my Nebula and it works fine. I use it a lot on STF's and have no Problem with it. I just ower up My AUX up to 125 to get the best effect but the Probes and Spheres are pulled in and gets dmg how it should be. I have only one Console in my Ship for Gravity Well and only 3 points on Particle generators and Graviton Generators and its more than enough to stop ships. Perhaps the Tachyon Drones are not effected by Gravity Well.
Hm.....I am not sure then. Because everything fly's out of my gravity well with no problem. It is like it isn't even there, and sometimes it only lasts for about 3 seconds. It is like it is getting shot down or something. But my AUX power is over 100 when I hit it, and it still doesn't seem to do anything. I have used Gravity well a lot, but ever since season 5, it doesn't seem to work very well. It gived Kinetic damage, cause I did a 1vs1 with a friend, and hit GW on him, and he didn't move, and his hull went down like it is supposed to, but all he had to do is start his engines, and he flew out of it. He didn't need an engine battery, evasive maneuvers, nothing.

I will pray that it is not by design that tachyon drones are not affected by it because neither are Power Siphon Drones, and they are over powered as it is.