Lt. Commander
# 11
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
You got it. I won't lie. I am kicking myself in the butt for not seeking the better ones out sooner. ( curse you real life keeping me away from good things. )

Tonight I am doing Atlas Affair to finish the next part of duty, but Kirkfat which one of yours should I start first, and in what order? I will add them to my list.
It doesn't matter.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
It doesn't matter.
alright it is set. I will start I guess tomorrow. maybe tonight. it depends on how long Atlas Affair goes. lol if it is like the first episode in the arc then it will be a 3 hour episode.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
So, here is the idea for consideration.

Season 7: Back to Basics

1. There would be no new projects under development. Instead, the team would focus on polishing existing systems, fixing things, adding consistency, and doings stuff like making diplomacy match doff integration. It would be another season of polish, but with no big ideas and impending deadlines. The focus would be on improving existing systems, from crafting to PVP.
I'm all for a mass extermination of bugs, but not to the detriment of new content.
You would see a lot of people stop playing since it would be obvious nothing new was coming, again.

Quote:
2. No FEs. Instead, Cryptic would give us 10 remastered Foundry spotlight episodes. These missions would be hand-picked by the devs, given over to their control, and then remastered with a little bit polish and maybe some cutscenes and VOs. There would be some rewards for playing them.

So, here is the bargain: You guys and gals will get more quality content released at a much faster rate. Meanwhile, the game would get a much needed set of fixes.

Additional perks:

Half of the Foundry spotlights will go to the Klingon faction as added PvE content, thus helping to more fully flesh out the Klingon side.
Instead of 2 FEs, 10 missions for everyone, there would be 5 missions each per faction. That seems to be a step that does nothing towards Faction Parity.

Quote:
Cryptic chooses 5 player-made maps and adds PVP functionality for inclusion in the PVP maps.
+1 to new PvP maps with objectives.
but the PvP content will be biased to to the persistant lacking of KDF content to attract players to the KDF.
When there is a healthier balance of Fed-KDF players this will help PvP.

Quote:
Cryptic picks 10 non-combat diplomacy missions done in the foundry to add as diplomacy missions. Minimal work and no remastering will be done.
So basically feds would get 15 new missions based from the Foundry, while KDF got 5.
This would bring the Feds Diplomacy mission total up to 23+, while the KDF still has no Maruading Missions.
This is a big step backwards from faction parity.

Quote:
Cryptic picks 10 patrol-worthy missions to add to clusters, which helps to revamp exploration. Minimal work is done being adding these to the game.
Would these be added to the "random" map/mission selection of the existing system, or independant mission that happen to be found in starclusters only?

Quote:
You might think of other ideas here.

But, basically, the result of a season that is focused on polish, upgrading existing systems, and adding foundry content as in game content could be the BIGGEST expansion of this game for season 7.

What do you think?
KDF needs a substantial amount of content to bring it up to parity. Start there.
KDF needs about 20 Storyline missions, 10 Maurading missions, plus 2 Starcluster Maurading type missions and fixing the Breen Connection to award Maurading xp.
90 Patrol missions.
If these missions are drawn from the Foundry, cool.
If these missions are Dev originals, cool.
Which ever makes it happen.

Now don't get me wrong.
I'm all for Polish.
We just need more KDF Brand(c) Red Polish than Fed Blue.
This game has so much fed Blue that it's positively Smurfy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
I'm all for a mass extermination of bugs, but not to the detriment of new content.
You would see a lot of people stop playing since it would be obvious nothing new was coming, again.

Instead of 2 FEs, 10 missions for everyone, there would be 5 missions each per faction. That seems to be a step that does nothing towards Faction Parity.

+1 to new PvP maps with objectives.
but the PvP content will be biased to to the persistant lacking of KDF content to attract players to the KDF.
When there is a healthier balance of Fed-KDF players this will help PvP.

So basically feds would get 15 new missions based from the Foundry, while KDF got 5.
This would bring the Feds Diplomacy mission total up to 23+, while the KDF still has no Maruading Missions.
This is a big step backwards from faction parity.

Would these be added to the "random" map/mission selection of the existing system, or independant mission that happen to be found in starclusters only?

KDF needs a substantial amount of content to bring it up to parity. Start there.
KDF needs about 20 Storyline missions, 10 Maurading missions, plus 2 Starcluster Maurading type missions and fixing the Breen Connection to award Maurading xp.
90 Patrol missions.
If these missions are drawn from the Foundry, cool.
If these missions are Dev originals, cool.
Which ever makes it happen.

Now don't get me wrong.
I'm all for Polish.
We just need more KDF Brand(c) Red Polish than Fed Blue.
Thanks for the feedback. My initial suggestion wasn't meant to neglect the KDF. If you can think of ways to improve the idea, I welcome it. There are lots of great KDF Foundry missions out there. I'd love to see them used to beef up the KDF side. Anything and everything that they could do for you guys, using Foundry-made missions, would be great.

As it stands, even if they devoted a whole season to Klingon stuff, I doubt you'd get more content than what is already out there Foundry-wise. The difference would be that you could play that content to level.