Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I am just now getting into STF heavily, and since I now have a Mark X requisition and will be earning Borg salvage, what is the best cosmetic items to get.

I am already going to try for the Maco and Omega sets, and I only have to get two more pieces of Borg set.

But outside of these, what out of the Standard requisition has a cool look or just offers good buffs compared to their counterparts?

Outside of the Borg engine, I am getting the Borg parts to make my ship look different. This is what I am most interested in, and the usefulness second. So please respond based on those values.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I've been doing normal STFs lately, so I haven't been into any elites yet.

It may sound obvious, but skip Mk X Borg weapons, go right for Mk XI as they are only 2 Borg Salvage. I've seen quite a few people who seem to miss that. What I've done is save all my EDCs and bought myself the Mk XI MACO ground set with those (along with a fancy costume) I don't do ground STFs as they have been incredibly frustrating and unfun, but have the set just incase. .

In the process I get more than enough Salvage to get all my Mk XI weapons ( On more than one ship ). During that process I also have got the Engine/Shield/Deflector Salvage for MK X MACO/Omega sets, as well as the Mk XI MACO/Omega shields.

Guess now the only place I have to go is Elite STFs.

As for what set pieces to mix and match, honestly I havent looked at it enough, I'll let someone more experience weigh in on that part.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2012, 08:25 PM
If your interested in cosmetics its best if you trawl the forum for pics (they are on here, i saw them all weeks ago)

buff wise, depends what ship, class,

common combos are: borg full set with sheild replaced with maco, full omega set
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Honestly, STF costumes are really your choice. As for the Mk X requisition, do you mean the freebie you get from D'vat? If so, then my recommendation to anyone out there is use it on a free Mk X purple kit. That'll last you WAY longer than any single Mk X Borg-specific weapon.

Here's a good way of going about your STF rewards, using them well, to get better equipment without wasting EDCs and Salvage.

1. Run normals, get your EDCs (save those up, don't spend em on anything yet), and try to collect as many Rare Salvage as you can, again, don't spend em yet. Don't worry about trying to get tech. If you do get it, great, if not, don't fuss about it.

2. When you have enough rare salvage, turn all those in at once and deck out your ship with Mk XI Borg-specifics. Afterwords, any rare salvage you get after that, turn it into Mk XI personal armor and shields for you and your BOFFs.

3. Whether you have a space set (Breen, Aegis, Borg, MACO, Omega, HG, etc), or not, look into doing Elites now. That's the only really consistant way you can get decent amounts of EDCs (especially on Wednesdays), which in turn will turn into better things in the long run, especially when you grind out to get your ground gear.

It's a lot of work, but as long as you just have clear goals for STFs in mind in the long run, you can easily get whatever you need.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2012, 10:27 PM
also, if you havent picked one up yet, i recommend a Mk X Kit for your class, as it offers all 4 skills at Mk III.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the feedbacks. I was already leaning towards the Mk X kit as that was the best long term acquisition and once I pick a kit I ususally stick with it for a while.

I will try to focus on getting my remaining salvage and EDC, after unlocking the Borg set, accumulated enough for MK XI gear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimey
Honestly, STF costumes are really your choice. As for the Mk X requisition, do you mean the freebie you get from D'vat? If so, then my recommendation to anyone out there is use it on a free Mk X purple kit. That'll last you WAY longer than any single Mk X Borg-specific weapon.

Here's a good way of going about your STF rewards, using them well, to get better equipment without wasting EDCs and Salvage.

1. Run normals, get your EDCs (save those up, don't spend em on anything yet), and try to collect as many Rare Salvage as you can, again, don't spend em yet. Don't worry about trying to get tech. If you do get it, great, if not, don't fuss about it.

2. When you have enough rare salvage, turn all those in at once and deck out your ship with Mk XI Borg-specifics. Afterwords, any rare salvage you get after that, turn it into Mk XI personal armor and shields for you and your BOFFs.

3. Whether you have a space set (Breen, Aegis, Borg, MACO, Omega, HG, etc), or not, look into doing Elites now. That's the only really consistant way you can get decent amounts of EDCs (especially on Wednesdays), which in turn will turn into better things in the long run, especially when you grind out to get your ground gear.

It's a lot of work, but as long as you just have clear goals for STFs in mind in the long run, you can easily get whatever you need.
Thanks for the advice, I picked up some nice stuff with my rare salvage and it helped my next STF run.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 03:29 AM
Personally I chose MACO, as I like the procs on the set.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Lovin the full Borg kit and the MK X fabrication kit.

Thanks again y'all for the tips.