Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
As the title implies, why in the world is the assimilated tractor beam's cool down so LOOONG!?

I see NO reason to warrant a 4 minute cool down al all. Sure maybe a 1-1:30 minute cool down, but 4?

Anyone else think it;s ridiculous?
-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Its part of a set and all sets have long cool downs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Anyone else think it;s ridiculous?
-Quiiliitiila
Yes it is.

While the Borg themselves Tractor Beam cooldown seems to be 30 seconds.

I agree I think the cooldown timer should be reduced to 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
It's a free power. If it had the normal tractor beam cooldown, it would effectively be a free ensign science slot. Which would be a little rich.

As is, it's a tractor beam that can be used very soon after Real Tractor Beam. Or a free long cooldown tractor beam if you didn't have the slots for Real Tractor Beam.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Anybody know what the Toggle [max 10] means?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfacer View Post
It's a free power. If it had the normal tractor beam cooldown, it would effectively be a free ensign science slot. Which would be a little rich.

As is, it's a tractor beam that can be used very soon after Real Tractor Beam. Or a free long cooldown tractor beam if you didn't have the slots for Real Tractor Beam.
I would think the sacrifice of having to use the regen shields would be enough to warrant a shorter cool down. I enjoy having them, but it's like trying to protect my ship with paper! I can understand having a longer cooldown if it were a set 3 or set 2 ability, but just the fact that one has to use ALL of the set in order to unlock it and thusly sacrificing stronger builds should make the cooldown a bit shorter.

1-1:30 minutes sounds reasonable.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
1-1:30 minutes sounds reasonable.

-Quiiliitiila
Gonna be honest, one of the reasons I disagree with you is I keep hearing "You should be hit by two to four times more tractor beams in arenas, that sounds reasonable"

I wouldn't say the shields are that bad, either. They're not MACOs, but not much is. ^_^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfacer View Post
Gonna be honest, one of the reasons I disagree with you is I keep hearing "You should be hit by two to four times more tractor beams in arenas, that sounds reasonable"

I wouldn't say the shields are that bad, either. They're not MACOs, but not much is. ^_^
They're not much worse than a normal tractor beam... But I could be wrong...

I suppose someone could (and would I guess) use the normal tractor beam then cycle with the assimilated one, so you have a point. I guess that fact ruins it for those of us who don't, I was excited to get the ATB but quite sad to find that I can only really use it once or twice an encounter.

No the shields aren't bad, but they are nowhere near as good as some other things I could have, so I am taking them at a loss to survivability in order to get this ATB.

Eah, I'll continue to use it, but I hope one day they'll reduce the recharge time...

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah, the increased frequency's what I'm talking about. Tons of fun!

It is one of those abilities that's tons better against opposing players than say Borg Cubes, so, yeah, I can see where you're coming from as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfacer View Post
Gonna be honest, one of the reasons I disagree with you is I keep hearing "You should be hit by two to four times more tractor beams in arenas, that sounds reasonable"
I wish I could post memories on forums, I'd post two or three times where I was tractored for 45 consecutive seconds in Ker'rat in my bird of prey.

No, please lord no. Don't give anyone reason to carry even more of these things. (Yes, I use attack pattern omega. No, it is not always available.)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 PM.