Lt. Commander
As the title implies, why in the world is the assimilated tractor beam's cool down so LOOONG!?

I see NO reason to warrant a 4 minute cool down al all. Sure maybe a 1-1:30 minute cool down, but 4?

Anyone else think it;s ridiculous?
-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Its part of a set and all sets have long cool downs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Anyone else think it;s ridiculous?
-Quiiliitiila
Yes it is.

While the Borg themselves Tractor Beam cooldown seems to be 30 seconds.

I agree I think the cooldown timer should be reduced to 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
It's a free power. If it had the normal tractor beam cooldown, it would effectively be a free ensign science slot. Which would be a little rich.

As is, it's a tractor beam that can be used very soon after Real Tractor Beam. Or a free long cooldown tractor beam if you didn't have the slots for Real Tractor Beam.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Anybody know what the Toggle [max 10] means?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfacer View Post
It's a free power. If it had the normal tractor beam cooldown, it would effectively be a free ensign science slot. Which would be a little rich.

As is, it's a tractor beam that can be used very soon after Real Tractor Beam. Or a free long cooldown tractor beam if you didn't have the slots for Real Tractor Beam.
I would think the sacrifice of having to use the regen shields would be enough to warrant a shorter cool down. I enjoy having them, but it's like trying to protect my ship with paper! I can understand having a longer cooldown if it were a set 3 or set 2 ability, but just the fact that one has to use ALL of the set in order to unlock it and thusly sacrificing stronger builds should make the cooldown a bit shorter.

1-1:30 minutes sounds reasonable.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
1-1:30 minutes sounds reasonable.

-Quiiliitiila
Gonna be honest, one of the reasons I disagree with you is I keep hearing "You should be hit by two to four times more tractor beams in arenas, that sounds reasonable"

I wouldn't say the shields are that bad, either. They're not MACOs, but not much is. ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Gonna be honest, one of the reasons I disagree with you is I keep hearing "You should be hit by two to four times more tractor beams in arenas, that sounds reasonable"

I wouldn't say the shields are that bad, either. They're not MACOs, but not much is. ^_^
They're not much worse than a normal tractor beam... But I could be wrong...

I suppose someone could (and would I guess) use the normal tractor beam then cycle with the assimilated one, so you have a point. I guess that fact ruins it for those of us who don't, I was excited to get the ATB but quite sad to find that I can only really use it once or twice an encounter.

No the shields aren't bad, but they are nowhere near as good as some other things I could have, so I am taking them at a loss to survivability in order to get this ATB.

Eah, I'll continue to use it, but I hope one day they'll reduce the recharge time...

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah, the increased frequency's what I'm talking about. Tons of fun!

It is one of those abilities that's tons better against opposing players than say Borg Cubes, so, yeah, I can see where you're coming from as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
I wish I could post memories on forums, I'd post two or three times where I was tractored for 45 consecutive seconds in Ker'rat in my bird of prey.

No, please lord no. Don't give anyone reason to carry even more of these things. (Yes, I use attack pattern omega. No, it is not always available.)