Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STF65
STOked has never been about investigative journalism. It's always just been one fan's homage to what they're doing in the game with some developer interviews thrown in. STOked is just a fan's video podcast.
Don't be naive. The influence of show is apparent, as a platform for the devs to communicate their prescibed views and decisions to the "investors". If you can't see that, ...

Why has there been absolutely not a single mention of the dropboxes yet? I will bet my life on it, that its because he was told not to bring it up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Don't be naive. The influence of show is apparent, as a platform for the devs to communicate their prescibed views and decisions to the "investors". If you can't see that, ...
If you can't communicate ideas without attempting to belittle people what does that say about you?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
He's right though man. All of the pod-casts have come out and said that they were not in fact journalistic endeavors. They all describe themselves as fan / entertainment productions. Do I agree that they should speak out and up for the community? Sure. Are they required to? Not at all.

The only power that any single player has in any of the events taking place, is to not participate. But then one must ask themselves who that hurts more. /shrugs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STF65
If you can't communicate ideas without attempting to belittle people what does that say about you?
If the proper use of English offends you, then I cannot help you. Naive (adj: of a person or action: Showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment: "the rather naive young man had been totally misled".)

And secondly, this isn't about me. Its about someone who has publically adverised themselves, and thus open themselves to scrutiny.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-21-2012, 09:48 AM
and remember Klingon fans, Keep your eyes out for new Gates Of Stovokor releases in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
I was hoping to see some sort of feed back on the Galor spam that's been hounding the community the last couple weeks. Are you guys going to be asking any of the Devs about this any time soon?
I watched the whole live program, it was made quite clear to Chris, that it is not a subject Geko wanted to talk about

He never openly said it, but I read "between the lines" and by his body language.

Great episode though, thoroughly enjoyed being there for the live program. I shall watch the condensed program a bit later
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Why has there been absolutely not a single mention of the dropboxes yet? I will bet my life on it, that its because he was told not to bring it up.
It could just be that he didn't feel the need to, seeing as there are already 2 thousand-plus-post threads on the subjects of drop-boxes and spam
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
and remember Klingon fans, Keep your eyes out for new Gates Of Stovokor releases in the future.
Looking forward to it, Roach!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
jIH Suv vaD tlhIngan quv jIH Suv vaD maj Qup Hegh Daq Hoch chaH vetlh jatlh vaD maj teH jagh
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
jIH Suv vaD tlhIngan quv jIH Suv vaD maj Qup Hegh Daq Hoch chaH vetlh jatlh vaD maj teH jagh
I can't quite believe it. Google Chrome actually translated a few words of that