Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonite10 View Post
It looks like they disabled the Borg in engineering.

So there are turrets and people waiting to tell you to get behind the barriers... and no enemies.

I guess all the talk of farming ruined it for everyone else
Sounds like a case of operator malfunction to me. I have just over 9 hours /played on my farmer (including 45min this afternoon), and in that time I've gotten ~400 green and 7 gold boxes.

No Galor yet, but hopefully it'll come soon so I can end this forsaken tutorial and never go back!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Another place I've found that could be good for farming boxes is the swarmers in the asteroid field in the newest 2800 episode. You have to do some dumb stuff to get there, but a spread torpedo tactical BO in my delta flyer's universal slot I was mowing them down like nothing. Walked out of that mission after about 30min with a stack and a half of green boxes and a few mk XI and XII consoles/deflectors to sell.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorphius
Sounds like a case of operator malfunction to me. I have just over 9 hours /played on my farmer (including 45min this afternoon), and in that time I've gotten ~400 green and 7 gold boxes.

No Galor yet, but hopefully it'll come soon so I can end this forsaken tutorial and never go back!


I have yet to get a Galor, and I've opened quite a few. That being said, I went to Engineering as directed, and it skipped right over the "talk to the Chief Engineer" point, and directed me to go to the transporter.

I don't know. I logged out, and am going to log back in to see if it's changed.

OK - whatever error there was before, it's gone. The stream of drones is back

J
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Happy Hunting!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-26-2012, 03:58 PM
For KDF the only place they drop for me was empire defense but nothing but crap out of them...t
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylenium
Does anyone know a good location for farming gold lock boxes? I've only seen 2 drop (didn't win) from the 50 or so STF's I've done since they started.

I'm thinking some ground mission might be better than a space one, as ground mobs die super quick.

Any ideas?
STF Elite difficulty I have probably gotten at least 6 or 7 in one day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
STF Elite difficulty I have probably gotten at least 6 or 7 in one day.
That ground or space?

I've never done an elite ground before, but I do my fair share of elite space STFs and have never seen a gold box there.

After opening my 9th gold a few minutes ago and getting my 4th shield requisition, I'm starting to think I'm just cursed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
STF Elite difficulty I have probably gotten at least 6 or 7 in one day.
6 or 7 gold in one day? You won the roll on 6 or 7 gold boxes in one day, which means you possibly saw even more than that drop?

I see plenty of green in elite STF, but I've only seen gold twice, and not in the same day. I did win one of them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorphius
Another place I've found that could be good for farming boxes is the swarmers in the asteroid field in the newest 2800 episode. You have to do some dumb stuff to get there, but a spread torpedo tactical BO in my delta flyer's universal slot I was mowing them down like nothing. Walked out of that mission after about 30min with a stack and a half of green boxes and a few mk XI and XII consoles/deflectors to sell.
Fire at Will might be better with the turret thing that comes equipped to new shuttles. My Torpedo Spread seemed to only take five out at a time. Fire at Will might take an entire group out if I understand how it works correctly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
I leveled a character from level 1 to 50 in the last two weeks and even today as he sits in his ship of mostly Mark XI equipment I have yet to ever see a gold lock box.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:37 AM.