Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uryenserellont
6 or 7 gold in one day? You won the roll on 6 or 7 gold boxes in one day, which means you possibly saw even more than that drop?

I see plenty of green in elite STF, but I've only seen gold twice, and not in the same day. I did win one of them.
No, I have seen about that many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorphius
That ground or space?

I've never done an elite ground before, but I do my fair share of elite space STFs and have never seen a gold box there.

After opening my 9th gold a few minutes ago and getting my 4th shield requisition, I'm starting to think I'm just cursed.
Ground versions of all but, I have only won about 1 or 2 and I think that they were the 10k CXP bonus I have about 40k left those bonuses lol. Still not Galor sadly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Try killing the swarmers in that featured episode with the gamma quadrant

I killed a bunch of those using fire at will and THREE of the normal boxes dropped.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Breaking the Planet Fleet Action has a bunch of enemies... good luck getting the queue to pop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Rolled a new captain through the tutorial last night. No boxes at all from the Borg on the Khitomer, but the very first Borg I killed on the Vega Colony (ground) dropped a Gold Lockbox. Also got a regular one from one of the Tactical drones guarding the shielded device.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
I've run hundreds of normal and elite STFs in the last few weeks and I've discard more normal boxes then I care to think about but I've yet to even see a single gold box.

A friend came back to playing and rolled a new klink character and the very first box he had dropped was a gold one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-29-2012, 04:56 PM
I've had three Gold boxes drop so far. Opened two, each one gave me the 10,000 CP bonus for my Doff assignments. Hanging onto the third until I get my next stipend, or enough Dilithium to make it worthwhile.

{Edit} I've also opened 9 or so regular Lockboxes. Got two Sehlat Cubs (useless, already have them unlocked for my account), three Shield boxes, a Runabout pet, and some Doff packs. Not terribly useful, but not awful.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-29-2012, 11:17 PM
I received a grand total of 3 Galors and all of them came from green boxes.

Think I opened some 50 of those.

I had a gold lock box, but that one had a really lousy reward. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angarus
I received a grand total of 3 Galors and all of them came from green boxes.

Think I opened some 50 of those.

I had a gold lock box, but that one had a really lousy reward. :p

I'm beyond jealous. I've opened at least 60, and received no ship at all. I can't believe it's so bad... I opened 2 Gold boxes and the rest were green... TONS of shields... and duplicates of items like the Sehlat cub and costume sets... (which have next to no value beyond the first... the exchange is full of them)

Painful, and wasteful.
I know why the exchange was full of Cardassian Lockboxes in stacks of 10 for 1 credit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonite10 View Post
I'm beyond jealous. I've opened at least 60, and received no ship at all. I can't believe it's so bad... I opened 2 Gold boxes and the rest were green... TONS of shields... and duplicates of items like the Sehlat cub and costume sets... (which have next to no value beyond the first... the exchange is full of them).
Assuming the reported 0.5% drop rate of the Galor, the odds of not getting one over 60 tries is 0.995 ^ 60 or roughly 74%.. Which means the odds of getting one or more Galors over 60 tries is slightly less then 26% This is the statistical reality... Now if you think the odds were good or not is a different matter...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angarus
I received a grand total of 3 Galors and all of them came from green boxes.

Think I opened some 50 of those.

I had a gold lock box, but that one had a really lousy reward. :p
Three!
arrrrrgh fsdlkjflkdsjfkldsjfkladsjfkljadskl
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM.