Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Iíve been wondering what will become of the KDF/Federation war with the current events taking place in the new FS.

The first episode kind of sets the table for at the very least a cease fire or non-aggression pact for all major and minor factions of the Alpha Quadrant (Save for the Romulans)

This series makes me think a lot about the Dominion War arc in DS9 that really helped to galvanize the Klingons and the Federation and to a lesser extent even the Romulans.

I also find myself wondering if the Romulans will make an appearance in this new FS, I think it would be great to see whatís left of their forces show up to help push this new (Old) Dominion threat back into Dominion space.

I know that the hole Borg committee thing was just a reason to explain why most of the Alpha Quadrants species where getting together at DS9 to open the start of the Dominion attack; however, I hope that that Borg committee thing gets expanded on going forward.

On a side note:

The Dominion forces that we are fighting now are using technology thatís at least 40 years behind the tech that the Federation and KDF is packing, one would think that dealing with them would be minor inconvenience.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Most likely, none. Most MMOs do not change their status Quo due to the amount of additional work it would create.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post

The Dominion forces that we are fighting now are using technology thatís at least 40 years behind the tech that the Federation and KDF is packing, one would think that dealing with them would be minor inconvenience.
dominion tech was always more advanced than the feds, so id say they would be pretty even now. also some fed ships are very old despite refits and upgrades. they are still using mirandas in places.

even if they are out of date, there are still 2800 ships. i know the number of ships tends to get a bit hazy at times but thats still a lot of ship. its a little bit more than an inconvenience, considering those ships nearly handed the dominion victory 40 years earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I can't help but think how much far dominion tach as gone then. Yeah the ones in the wormhole are older but who's to say they can't call home and call in the newer ships.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
I can't help but think how much far dominion tach as gone then. Yeah the ones in the wormhole are older but who's to say they can't call home and call in the newer ships.
one of the things in STO and in the FE is that the dominion has been ignoring all attempts at communication from the feds and even from the 2800.

I think they are setting up a story where something has happened to the dominion. perhaps it will involve the borg or the iconians of something?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 11:15 AM
I bet 5000 Dilithium that nothing is gonna change anything in STO from this FE...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
one of the things in STO and in the FE is that the dominion has been ignoring all attempts at communication from the feds and even from the 2800.

I think they are setting up a story where something has happened to the dominion. perhaps it will involve the borg or the iconians of something?
Yeah I understand where ya coming from. I was just thinking outside of the FE story arch. I think it would be cool to face the dominion in there own space, maybe bc i'm really sick of the borg lol.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
Yeah I understand where ya coming from. I was just thinking outside of the FE story arch. I think it would be cool to face the dominion in there own space, maybe bc i'm really sick of the borg lol.
I, for one, would love for a new series of STFs taking the fight against the Dominion.

Hell, we almost certainly know that a new Founder will be leading the Dominion (or perhaps even an old one...), judging from the Holodeck training fight. That there was a Chekhov's Training Mission if I ever saw one. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see the current Dominion take hold on the momentum here to reignite a new war.

Or maybe we'll get an Inception deal where an Undine shape-shifted into a Changling to lead the Dominion into a war that'll further weaken the Alpha Quadrant. That would be quite silly, though...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Iíve been wondering what will become of the KDF/Federation war with the current events taking place in the new FS.

The first episode kind of sets the table for at the very least a cease fire or non-aggression pact for all major and minor factions of the Alpha Quadrant (Save for the Romulans)

This series makes me think a lot about the Dominion War arc in DS9 that really helped to galvanize the Klingons and the Federation and to a lesser extent even the Romulans.

I also find myself wondering if the Romulans will make an appearance in this new FS, I think it would be great to see whatís left of their forces show up to help push this new (Old) Dominion threat back into Dominion space.

I know that the hole Borg committee thing was just a reason to explain why most of the Alpha Quadrants species where getting together at DS9 to open the start of the Dominion attack; however, I hope that that Borg committee thing gets expanded on going forward.
I honestly would like Cryptic to make a decision what they like to do with the Klingon War, because once you're out of the Klingon story arc, it's nonexistant up until high end where its "theres a war, but we are cooperating".

They need to redo the storylines where you are advancing forward in time when you advance in the storyliine. So by the time you get to the Romulan Story Arc, the war is calm enough for you to investigate the Romulans. When you get to Gamma Orionis the talks with the Klingons are beginning and then with the revelation of the Iconian involvment, there ceasefire that leads to talks for a Third Khitomer Accord.

In which the Third Khitomer Accord is the stepping stone that eventually leads to the Klingon Empire mergeing with the UFP as per hinted in future Star Trek lore. For STO, this could open up a new chapter that has tons of storyline possibilities itself like how some Klingons wanted to keep fighting while others thought it was honorable to stop. So many possibilities.

With the Romulans, it's possible. But given the spoilers for episode 3, if they do appear it would be at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I honestly would like Cryptic to make a decision what they like to do with the Klingon War, because once you're out of the Klingon story arc, it's nonexistant up until high end where its "theres a war, but we are cooperating".

They need to redo the storylines where you are advancing forward in time when you advance in the storyliine. So by the time you get to the Romulan Story Arc, the war is calm enough for you to investigate the Romulans. When you get to Gamma Orionis the talks with the Klingons are beginning and then with the revelation of the Iconian involvment, there ceasefire that leads to talks for a Third Khitomer Accord.

In which the Third Khitomer Accord is the stepping stone that eventually leads to the Klingon Empire mergeing with the UFP as per hinted in future Star Trek lore. For STO, this could open up a new chapter that has tons of storyline possibilities itself like how some Klingons wanted to keep fighting while others thought it was honorable to stop. So many possibilities.

With the Romulans, it's possible. But given the spoilers for episode 3, if they do appear it would be at the end.

That would require a complete rewrite though. The devs don't seem interested in telling good stories, just churning out C-Store and lockbox items.