Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
That would require a complete rewrite though. The devs don't seem interested in telling good stories, just churning out C-Store and lockbox items.
No, it doesn't require a rewrite.

All they have to do is tweek existing missions to mention the changes or add a new mission that points out the direction fo the storyline.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Perhaps. And I'd love to see more exposition on the overall story and plot. That being said, I doubt it will ever happen. It doesn't make them any money. The general feeling I get from this game is 'that's far enough.' They go half way and then toss it out.

Maybe I'm just bitter after two years of forking over a subscription fee and getting little in return. I dunno. I just have very little faith in the devs anymore, and I sincerely wish that wasn't the case.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Iíve been wondering what will become of the KDF/Federation war with the current events taking place in the new FS.

The first episode kind of sets the table for at the very least a cease fire or non-aggression pact for all major and minor factions of the Alpha Quadrant (Save for the Romulans)

This series makes me think a lot about the Dominion War arc in DS9 that really helped to galvanize the Klingons and the Federation and to a lesser extent even the Romulans.

I also find myself wondering if the Romulans will make an appearance in this new FS, I think it would be great to see whatís left of their forces show up to help push this new (Old) Dominion threat back into Dominion space.

I know that the hole Borg committee thing was just a reason to explain why most of the Alpha Quadrants species where getting together at DS9 to open the start of the Dominion attack; however, I hope that that Borg committee thing gets expanded on going forward.

On a side note:

The Dominion forces that we are fighting now are using technology thatís at least 40 years behind the tech that the Federation and KDF is packing, one would think that dealing with them would be minor inconvenience.
What they don't say is that this happened already. This FE is kind of a retelling of what happened somewhere between the TrueWay arc and the Borg arc. They don't put any dates on these things which makes it hard to pinpoint where it actually took place.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
What they don't say is that this happened already. This FE is kind of a retelling of what happened somewhere between the TrueWay arc and the Borg arc. They don't put any dates on these things which makes it hard to pinpoint where it actually took place.
This is a good point. The Breen series is a good example. Release wise it was first of the original 3 FE. Chronologically its last.

We may have already seen the effect this story has. Before Season 5 each faction went after the borg and did the STF's on their own. After Season 5, the made D'Vak and admiral who leads a special task force to face the borg and other major threats to the quadrant that are made up of both Klingon and Starfleet officers that answers directly to the President of the Federation and the Chancellor of the Klingon Empire. Maybe the meeting we had in Deep Space Nine was the start of that process and the Dominion attack is what convinced both leaders to make such a taskforce, even if they are at war.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs7200
This is a good point. The Breen series is a good example. Release wise it was first of the original 3 FE. Chronologically its last.

We may have already seen the effect this story has. Before Season 5 each faction went after the borg and did the STF's on their own. After Season 5, the made D'Vak and admiral who leads a special task force to face the borg and other major threats to the quadrant that are made up of both Klingon and Starfleet officers that answers directly to the President of the Federation and the Chancellor of the Klingon Empire. Maybe the meeting we had in Deep Space Nine was the start of that process and the Dominion attack is what convinced both leaders to make such a taskforce, even if they are at war.
Thatís would explain a lot about the current goings on in STO if that this turns out to be the case.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Time for a KDF-Federation cold war
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
Time for a KDF-Federation cold war
Not quite but i could settle for that.

In my opinion it is getting time to put this stupid "We need a reason for PVP, hey lets make war between the UFP and Empire" gameplay decision to rest.

I hope that it happens someday, maybe with the Iconians finally arriving, that we can have peace between both factions.

I want to play together with my buddies regardless of what char im trying to level right now. And not just in STFs either.