Lt. Commander
This is silly, your move cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prays4u View Post
This is silly, your move cryptic.
Why is it silly? Due to the borg console being a fourth piece you get the best parts of the borg set plus great shields.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I have the KHG shields mk11 and use Aegis and Borg as well.

I'm sillier than you!!!!

and Knight to Kings Bishop 4?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm in the same boat.

And just think: The borg set's already been nerfed pretty hard. There's still a lot of people who say it's been nerfed to worthlessness (just a few days ago there was a thread where the consensus was the Breen set is better now), but it's all noise. It's still pretty hard to justify dropping the 2 and 3 piece bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Do you talk about the legacy borg set? (5 EDC each). I was wondering if its worth upgrading from the AEGIS.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 12:01 PM
I still run with a Borg Set and have no problem tanking with it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
Do you talk about the legacy borg set? (5 EDC each). I was wondering if its worth upgrading from the AEGIS.
It is very worth getting at least one part of it + the console. The shields for the Borg set are fairly... unimpressive. The Deflector is nice and the Engines are mostly great in sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
The shields for the Borg set are fairly... unimpressive.
I love the Borg Retro Set Shields, my shields rarely fall and if they do there back in a few seconds.

What a lot well more then a lot a ton of people don't do with their shields is keep them equalized and if you are running with regenerative shields (Which the Borg Retro Shields are) keeping your shields equalized is very important.

Regenerative are very good if you keep them equalizing, if you can't keep them doing this then yes regenerative shields are not that good. That is why I bound Equalize Shields and Fire all weapons to my spacebar so that every time I fire my weapons I am also equalizing my shields. Even if you have all you weapons on auto-fire, binding equalize shields to some key you can hit over and over again with no problem will increase your survivability and love for regenerative shields.

When I first got the Borg Retro Shields I never liked them, they seemed to fall very quickly, until I tried keeping them equalized. Now they are my favorite shields and the Borg Retro Set is still the best set in STO in my eyes.