Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
The two weapon drops in the first episode are one per character.

The armor drop in the second episode can be chosen without limit, much like all other sets.

Will the shroud also be chosen without limit?

Was this an intentional decision that BOffs could only equip a partial set?

My concern is time wasted getting the armor and shield for my away team BOffs, just to see them taken away at a future date. Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
I like reading patch notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Systems:
[*]Jem'Hadar Weapons are no longer Unique, but you may only equip one on your captain at a time.
  • This restriction does not apply to your Away Team.
From Tribble by the way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-21-2012, 11:59 AM
lol - thx Chat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Even if the change went the other way, items that used to be unlimited and become unique don't get taken away from players. I've still got several extra ophidian canes, triolic pattern enhancers, and subspace field modulators, which were all made unique. My away team still uses them just as well as they did before (which is really badly, but that's another discussion).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
I like reading patch notes.


From Tribble by the way.
But.... wait, aren't BOffs already restricted to only being able to equip one weapon?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
But.... wait, aren't BOffs already restricted to only being able to equip one weapon?
But your captain isn't. Basically, what the change is doing is letting you get extra guns for your boffs without letting you equip two of them on your captain. Before the change, you can only get one, period.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
But your captain isn't. Basically, what the change is doing is letting you get extra guns for your boffs without letting you equip two of them on your captain.
And, presumably, the reason for that is that if they let you equip two guns on your Captain, you could get the 3/3 item set bonus without the shield.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
And, presumably, the reason for that is that if they let you equip two guns on your Captain, you could get the 3/3 item set bonus without the shield.
Couldn't they flag it such that you need one piece of each
  • armour
  • weapon
  • shield

for the set boni to activate? If you only have one armour/shield and two of the weapon, it wouldn't work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Couldn't they flag it such that you need one piece of each
  • armour
  • weapon
  • shield

for the set boni to activate? If you only have one armour/shield and two of the weapon, it wouldn't work.
They could. I'm betting the current tech just counts how many of a set you have though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
They could. I'm betting the current tech just counts how many of a set you have though.
I'm pretty sure it counts only what you have equipped, and only if the pieces are all the same rank.
With a Klingon character of mine, while I was collecting the Breen set, I had just finished getting the engines at RAUH, and then dinged to VA before getting the shields. So when I took the mission that rewarded them, they were at a different rank than the engines. As such, they didn't "count" for purposes of collecting the whole set (which surprised me a bit). Had to go back and redo that mission in order to get the matching ranked engines.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16 PM.