Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
As the title.

Earths official First Contact occurred on April 5th 2063. Ever since, Humans and Vulcans have celebrated the beginning of their long friendship. First Contact day has long been an unofficial holiday celebrating the initial event which would lead to the founding of the Federation in 2161.

In STO, players have often celebrated First Contact day, though the Devs themselves have never done anything in-game to celebrate it.

Well, I'm bringing it up early specifically to give the Devs time to do something. With F2P we've been joined in game by thousands of new players from all over the Earth, First Contact day is for all of us.

What would we like? A FE replay weekend? To give the F2Pers the chance to get the nifty special rewards from the FEs they didn't play?

A Q double-XP day? A chance to rerun the Bortas or Odyssey shakedown missions for those players who jumped in just recently for the FE?

Brainstorm people!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Since this would be my first ever First Contact day on STO, I'm all for this.

Though if the devs do anything, they would probably make it a 3-day sort of deal, to allow more people to have a chance at doing whatever fun things are in it.

I think that on Earth and/or Vulcan, there could be decorations much like the 2nd anniversary had. As for what to do, I wouldn't mind a short mission that rewards like a wall trophy, a small amount of dilithium, etc.

It doesn't have to be a huge mission, just something fun to celebrate First Contact, that's all I want really.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-DEDyv-E8I

That April 5th or the other April 5th? :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
*puts on flame-retardant suit*

Grab bags with a chance to win the Phoenix shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 11:28 AM
It's important to remember that April 5th this year falls n a Thursday, and we'd want any event to go from Thursday through the weekend (so the most players possible will have the chance to participate).

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
*puts on flame-retardant suit*

Grab bags with a chance to win the Phoenix shuttle.
That's just low Bob.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
I would like to see this AND a Happy Federation Day celebration.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-DEDyv-E8I

That April 5th or the other April 5th? :p
The "prime" April 5th.

Though a special Mirror Event wouldn't be a bad idea so long as there was also a "prime" event..
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
The "prime" April 5th.

Though a special Mirror Event wouldn't be a bad idea so long as there was also a "prime" event..
I don't know. Giving me the shotgun Cochran used would be cool. A long range physical damage weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2012, 11:33 AM
They have made mention of more events coming down the pipe. So if not a mission type deal, I would expect a DOff xp event at least.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I would like to see this AND a Happy Federation Day celebration.
Well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
Non-canon sources have established several dates for the event:
  • October 11 - "It's Federation Day!", a newspaper clipping created for Star Trek Generations but not seen on screen.
  • August 12 - in the last chapter of the novel Last Full Measure
  • May 8 - background in the Star Trek: Star Charts
Since the October 11th source is closest to being canon, that's the date I would go with.