Lt. Commander
# 21
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gul-Duvek
Sounds like you are describing the entire Panda fleet the only thing I think you failed to mention was the bull crap plasma disruptor beams.
As for FAW what else is there to combat Klingon spam?

Every Panda runs multiple copies of DEM. (By "every" I mean none, well maybe Crimson has it on his Bug Ship)

And even if we did use DEM (we don't), you just said we use Plasma/Disruptor arrays. (These are not phaser, therefore this supposed bug wouldn't work for us anyway lol.)

An even better "I WIN" set up would be:

5 Aceton Assimilator
5 Graviton Pulse Generator
2 Tacyon Drones
5 Theta Radiation
5 Plasma Leeches
2 Scramble Sensors

Is it coincidence that Klingons have been winning more lately? or is it that their enemies have no power levels/shields?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Not sure if this is what the thread is discribing but littke while ago we got accussed of using some sort of exploit concerning DEM. Some thing about dem causing you to do dubble danahe for some reason. (Dem proccing when ita not acctive or something)

I havnt seen any proof of this and as far as i know theres no team setups in tsi using dem in the first place
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ

Aceton Assimilator
needs to be able to be killed by by beam weps. atm i think only torps can kill it. should have known russia is working for the klinks. looks just like what they sent into space b4 usa got up there. and yeah that crap is op. and lore....all they do is spam lame junk and act like they are the best pvp fleet there is. all they know is how best to exploit the system. and now they have space honor guard gear? yeah this game caters to klinks on a silver platter. cant wait for throttle bug to get fixed. then im decloaking on u klinks with rage lol.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-22-2012, 01:24 AM
What a load of arse!
Tet glicer is powerful yes, but everything else you said was complete BS
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-22-2012, 01:26 AM
BTW, all of you pandas are looking pretty sad overly defending yourselves.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
DEM is a tooltip error only. It's populating the info from Phasers, but there are modifiers built in for every energy type, and all are identical. After a few quick tests, I can confirm they all function as intended. The reason there's only one tooltip is because otherwise there'd always be six displayed, and that's just messy.

I'm working on a fix to make it display a non-energy biased figure.
*Coughs* this ^^
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-22-2012, 02:10 AM
DEM 2/3 is rarely used by cruisers whom prefer more powerful heals in lieu. That being said the only people i know whom use it (myself) and very few other tac/cruiser pilots of the excelsior class and galor warships. 1AQ and Lafamilia have been using it in pugs for along time. Meline had a great tac/excelsior build that alot of us in LF mimmicked and carry at least one of those builds on an alt
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
*Coughs* this ^^
Now i will admit not reading the op fully. But is this really what its talking about.. I thought it was common knowledge that this was a ui bug?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
There are so many conflicting posts and statements I get in matches about different classes, ships, or powers being either worthless, OP, or spam at this point I think these terms have lost some meaning.
I think many terms in STO have lost thier meaning. Terms like Originality of design, Factional Diversity and unique gameplay options.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-22-2012, 05:02 AM
My vote is for five AMS. At least that makes the entire opforce use up a science team as well as 2 seconds of time. Or they could chose to not cleanse it and just be useless for the duration. And likely dead. This is a great ability. Its the best console in the game as the consequences to a team that can't cleanse it or has poor reaction times is catastrophic. Science team isn't something you will find on very many ships. And you certainly won't find multiple copies. So once we're past the initial AMS you can be sure you have 30 seconds where the opforce will be vulnerable to any science debuff.

Aceton isn't so bad. Just stop hitting them with beam overloads. Or move. I find that acetons dropped next to a turret and a repair platform to be the worst. The repair platform masks the others so it can be a bit of a chore to get rid of them. Torpedo Spread will take out the lot of them though. It is just knowing that is what you need to do.