Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
It should be a T4 but have higher turn rate/lower hull amount.
Thinking about the same, kinda like the Assault Cruiser turn rate.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
I don't think cryptic is up for more ship skins - why charge just 5$ for a skin if you can charge up to 20 dollars for a "real" ship?
Why would they charge $20 for a "real" ship when they can put it in a lock box and make you game >$200 for it?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
I don't think cryptic is up for more ship skins - why charge just 5$ for a skin if you can charge up to 20 dollars for a "real" ship?
Why would they charge $20 for a "real" ship when they can put it in a lock box and make you game >$200 for it?
This isn't a discussion of how you get it. I'm wanting to know what you think about it. Would getting it as a skin be enough or would you rather have it as its own ship?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
Far more guts then me lol. I was going to say more but it came out sounding really rude and disrespectful and I'm not like that nor do I want people to think i am. If I can find a way to word it right I will post it.
I understand how you feel but even in TOS the Feds and Klinks spent time together and competed for resources on various planets and space stations. If the Feds saw a Klingon vessel orbiting a space station they knew to be prepared for possible trouble but they didn't just open fire on them like we do in the game when we see them sitting idle at a station.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
A cold war is still a war not a time peace.
If your on about the Romulans then there has been a Cold war with them since the days of the Enterprise series. That would mean that every ship was built in a time of war all Enterprises A through to E
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm a little surprised that the devs are having trouble placing the Ambassador with appropriate abilities. I mean, the suggestions of making it faster but with less hull, are a good start. Maybe reinforce it's tactical capabilities somewhat? The Venture class that is available at that level has enhanced science capabilities, while the regular Galaxy class has a good spread of Engineering slots.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
I'm a little surprised that the devs are having trouble placing the Ambassador with appropriate abilities. I mean, the suggestions of making it faster but with less hull, are a good start. Maybe reinforce it's tactical capabilities somewhat? The Venture class that is available at that level has enhanced science capabilities, while the regular Galaxy class has a good spread of Engineering slots.
I think the trouble is a lot of players want to fly it at endgame and the Ambassador is, at best, a T4 ship. The Excelsior, I believe, gets away with it because it was the workhorse of the Federation for many years and was one of those things where the design is proven regardless of the situation (similar to how the AK-47 is still considered the standard for reliability despite it being half a century old). The Ambassador feels like a test platform that was never meant for large scale deployment and was more for testing new stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2012, 03:14 PM
I would prefer it be it's own ship and follow the Nebula model.

A 3.5 version (better than the T3 Excelsior) with a T5 version with a Cryptic Alternate skin and a Unique Ability Console.

The reason being, an alternate skin for the Galaxy would mean that instead of having a Galaxy and an ambassador in my 'barn", I could only switch my Galaxy from Galaxy to Ambassador, which just doesn't sit well with the ship collector in me.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I would prefer it be it's own ship and follow the Nebula model.

A 3.5 version (better than the T3 Excelsior) with a T5 version with a Cryptic Alternate skin and a Unique Ability Console.

The reason being, an alternate skin for the Galaxy would mean that instead of having a Galaxy and an ambassador in my 'barn", I could only switch my Galaxy from Galaxy to Ambassador, which just doesn't sit well with the ship collector in me.
But it'd be cheaper and would require less work to jump between ships. Only a modest EC charge for changing the skin, and who is short on EC these days?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
But it'd be cheaper and would require less work to jump between ships. Only a modest EC charge for changing the skin, and who is short on EC these days?
Oddly enough, me. I've never had a toon with more than 10M EC, and that was a long time ago, i don't think I have one with 500K now..

I'm not a grinder, so I tend not to get tons of drops and loot to sell. :/