Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg adaption (ground)
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Am I the only one who's remodded a weapon and shot a borg, only to find the borg adapted to the weapon already? I was doing some of the missions in Gamma Orionis and found a borg adapted to me. O well, just remod. But after the remodulation, the borg was still adapted to my weapons. What the hell?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
Am I the only one who's remodded a weapon and shot a borg, only to find the borg adapted to the weapon already? I was doing some of the missions in Gamma Orionis and found a borg adapted to me. O well, just remod. But after the remodulation, the borg was still adapted to my weapons. What the hell?
This happens to me quite frequently, actually. I am a recent returner to the game, and I thought that maybe the Borg adapted to weapon types, not to your weapons specifically. That explained why if I was using a phaser, and someone else was using a phaser, we would each get half as many shots with them.

I was informed that is not the case. Which doesn't explain why I remodulate, lose the debuff, and immediately gain it back on my very first shot. Which seems to happen a couple of times every single STF I run.

Remodulation wouldn't be such a pain in the butt if the Borg had fewer HP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 06:53 PM
The remod should be working

adaption is energy type per person

So if i carry a:
phaser rifle and a plasma rifle
and my team mate has
tetryon rifle and phaser rifle

I fire at borg it eventualy adapts to my phaser, i switch weapons to plasma it eventualy adapts to plasma i then remod.(it remods both weapons)

In the meantime my team mate is firing his tetryon it adapts, he swtiches to phaser and it eventually adapts to that, he remods(it remods both weapons)

thankfully it being immune to my phaser while doesnt mean its adapted to his yet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 07:59 PM
The borg didn't have any shots to which it could have adapted though. It adapted, so I remodded, and shot it getting the "adapted" flag again. Not cool.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 08:00 PM
I've experienced this a couple of times recently during ground STFs. It could be related to network/server lag. That has been plentiful lately.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 08:02 PM
I've had this happen a couple times, and I thought maybe it was because my bridge officers were also using the same energy type. I dismissed this though, and figured maybe it's just a fluke that happens. Can't really explain it...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I think it may be a bug, because its not supposed to happen. Maybe a mod could move this to the bug forum if so?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 08:10 PM
i found lobbing things like plasma grenades will adapt the borg to any plasma weapons your carrying. so if your using a plasma rifle and toss a plasma grenade after remodding it will cause the borg to adapt to your rifle somehow...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I've been getting this alot lately. It seems to happen (at least to me) more often with rapid fire weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2012, 08:49 PM
It was posted before that there was a fix that went in, maybe it didn't get it all.

But the way the system works each shot you take gives the borg a "marker" for your weapon type, after something like 4 or 5 there is a higher and higher chance they will adapt. When you remodulate it should be clearing these marker. Part of the bug was that did not always clear all the markers off.

Since that fix (or maybe at the same time) there was to be a one second (or something like that) buffer where you would not get a marker. It was to make it so that pistols and such were not useless since the fire faster and thus borg adapted faster.

So I have not fought Borg on the ground since these were being added so I dunno if there is still a bug but that is what I know about fixes and how the mechanics work.