Lt. Commander
I wanted to gauge some opinion on this topic, as it is of vital importance to many of us trekkers...Whats the deal with ship interiors??

Jumping back into the game recently, I noticed something a bit different. Now instead of just having a bridge, theres engineering and the capt. has his own office, which is nice and all, but the last time I checked, as Fed/KDF vessel was a ship w/ multiple departments and levels, not the game equivalent of a three room efficiency in space. Im looking for all the places on a ship that most in canon/EU expect besides those mentioned above (Sickbay, Astrogation, Transporter, Shuttlebay, Rec/10 Fwd, Mess, Brigs, ect..)

In addition, when you take a look around your ship, it feels like the measurements are off, When you walk down a hall, it should feel like a hall, not a cathedral.

Im going to throw this out to the fanboys and girls once again, whats your thoughts on this and what would you add??
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 06:28 PM
I would like them to address the issue of the zeppelin hangers they call Bridges, Engineering and Mess before adding more rooms they would have to also make the size of zeppelin hangers just to stay consistent.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I agree 100%, wheres the okudas and jefferies on this? It doesnt take that much to adjust size...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdanger View Post
I agree 100%, wheres the okudas and jefferies on this? It doesnt take that much to adjust size...
There is a jefferies tube hatch in Engineering. It's the 5' tall hatch at the top of the ladder with the rungs spaced for a 12' tall Humanoid.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 07:34 PM
I like the bridge and interior on my b'rel. I use the Lyr(?) Bridge with the small interior.

The bridge is appropriately sized, probably slightly large to allow me to move through it easily. I don't have a shuttlebay, but I do have a small transporter with a guy who offers me a shuttle. My ready room is pretty small.

The crew quarters are way small for 30 guys. The mess is larger than I expected, but that is ok. Engineering office is small. Sick bay is appropriately sized.

Main engineering though, is HUGE. That could stand to shrink by half or more.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Mainly my challenge has been w/ the design dimensions of the rooms provided. For example, a smaller class vessel should have tighter quarter in design of bridge/hallways/engineering/ect. Instead, we see a tiny class such as the reliant having the bridge of a galaxy-class ship, which throws off the immersive experience of the product...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Scale is horribly off and I have no clue what this is

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/174...1041016195.jpg

and why it's probably bigger than the Bird of Prey it's inside of.

I'd also very much like to know why we can't have the proper door sounds
on the Klingon ships.

I believe it would be very helpful if we could have additional options besides the ones we have now.
In addition to "small" "medium" and "large" and the bridge, perhaps it would be nice if we got to choose
which engineering set we'd like to use.
That monstrousity we have now would probably fit a carrier and the BortaS quite well, anything the size of a BoP could probably stand something like this

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1540/bopwarpcore.jpg

as a warpcore.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiberry
There is a jefferies tube hatch in Engineering. It's the 5' tall hatch at the top of the ladder with the rungs spaced for a 12' tall Humanoid.
LMFAO toooooo funny
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdanger View Post
The Okudas were working on the now defunct browser game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2012, 11:51 AM
The bridges have gotten touch ups and will be appropriately scaled, I believe. However, the other sections of the ships are all placeholders still. That is to say, every ship - even the tiny Defiant - has the same sized other decks as say, an Odyssey.