Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
In STFs I often find myself needing to cloak and GTFO quickly but Plasma DOT won't let me. Any remedy?

Hazard Emitters maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
IHazard Emitters maybe?
You hit the nail on the head.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
In STFs I often find myself needing to cloak and GTFO quickly but Plasma DOT won't let me. Any remedy?

Hazard Emitters maybe?

You answered your own question. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 06:38 PM
While we're on the topic of plasma DOT, is there an ability that will extinguish a character who is on fire in ground combat, or can that only be done using the Fire Extinguisher device?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 07:11 PM
I believe it's countered by one of the basic medical skills, either Medical Tricorder or Vascular Regenerator. Of course the Plasma DoT on the ground is so weak and short lived that I usually just let it burn itself out if my sci-boff doesn't take care of it for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
I believe it's countered by one of the basic medical skills, either Medical Tricorder or Vascular Regenerator. Of course the Plasma DoT on the ground is so weak and short lived that I usually just let it burn itself out if my sci-boff doesn't take care of it for me.
I think its VR cause Medical Tricorder is just a heal, not a debuffer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Yes, VR will help in that situation. I mean, specifically it heals "bleeding" debuffs, but since it is a HoT it helps out if your teamates, AI or otherwise, are standing in plasma grenades. You can often toss nanites or even just the straight medical tricorder heal and be fine, as well.

But, as mentioned, the plasma damage in space is far worse than that on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
While we're on the topic of plasma DOT, is there an ability that will extinguish a character who is on fire in ground combat, or can that only be done using the Fire Extinguisher device?
The fire extinguisher from the tutorial is the number one "ability" for putting out both AoE plasma after the grenade goes off and people that already caught plasma fire from it. Why exactly wouldnt you use it since it's an AoE skill instead of single target?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2012, 06:15 AM
It takes up an item slot that could be used for something much more useful.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
I think its VR cause Medical Tricorder is just a heal, not a debuffer.
VR is Hazard Emitters on ground... Litterally.

OH... and the CRM 200 also puts out fire... of cause you cant target yourself...