Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyell
If you're a tac captain, running 2 copies of CRF is a bit redundent, since for 30 sec out of every 3 mins one of those copies is going to waste because of tactical initiative. Even if you're not tac, DEM is on a 1m30sec CD, so there isn't such a pressing need for 2 CRF's. So personally I'd say to get the most out of the ship 3cannons + 1 DBB/Q-torp and turrets is the best you can get. It gives you a large arc for the cruiser, and any dps loss is made up for with abilities.

Also, if you're going to run 2 copies of CRF, it would be better to use 4 cannons + 4 turrets instead of BA in the back. The reason is the the turrets will fire at an increased dps for almost the entire time, which puts it right up there with the BA's, but it only drains 8 weapons power instead of the 10 BA need. This translate into more dps for all you're weapons, which I believe makes it better. And with 4 turrets, you get a 180 arc vs the BA which only gives you tiny 35 arc.
Oh, yeah, the cannons and BA build is a specialty build, you use B: FAW and CRF at the same time and you melt face in that small awkwardly placed 35 degree arc. I used it in a pvp for like a day. Just in-fleet PvP. It was great to hear screams coming from people not expecting a cruiser to put out DPS like that. But then....35 degree arc....awkwardly placed....
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes01101 View Post
Oh, yeah, the cannons and BA build is a specialty build, you use B: FAW and CRF at the same time and you melt face in that small awkwardly placed 35 degree arc. I used it in a pvp for like a day. Just in-fleet PvP. It was great to hear screams coming from people not expecting a cruiser to put out DPS like that. But then....35 degree arc....awkwardly placed....
Wouldn't BO + CRF be more dmg? And higher burst? Which means it's harder to recover from? Not to mention the 90 deg arc. Like I understand 4 beams with FAW, is better than 4 turrets, but 4 turrets + CRF and BO is more dps, and much bigger arc.

I mean, if it works for you, then it works for you. Just saying that on my dread it's hard enough trying to shoot something with a 45 deg arc, let alone 35.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2012, 02:23 AM
TUC Torpedo Console - Since when did the excelsior have a this universe console - torpedo console??? Never seen this before, its not on my excelsior retrofit.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
What is TUC Torpedo Console, never seen this before? Is it a new console?
The Torpedo console from the undiscovered country
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
TUC Torpedo Console - Since when did the excelsior have a this universe console - torpedo console??? Never seen this before, its not on my excelsior retrofit.
It won't be on your excelsior unless you bought the Exeter class and transferred the console
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2012, 11:31 AM
It's quite useful, though. I've used it in a number of fights against scimitars in the Remen encounters. A good hit will do wonders for you.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
lmao, wow do i feel stupid, would be cool to have the console which homes in on a cloak vessel but i'm saving my cpoints atm. thanks guys.