Lt. Commander
I noticed a lot of people were upset when they found out there was only going to be two Featured Episodes a year. So, I started watching my extensive collection of Star Trek episodes and movies and picking out episodes that were partly or as a whole unresolved. This meaning episodes that were sort of just, cut off with no further mention about what may have happened after. This is an attempt to spur the creative juices of the STO writing and design team to give them ideas for more content. I've added some questions in the unresolved section of each listed episode that could be answered by the writing and design team to give them a starting point.

Star Trek Enterprise
1x12 - Silent Enemy
An alien craft drops out of warp near Enterprise but says nothing. After a moment it leaves and Enterprise gets back under way with their mission of laying the first subspace relay system. After a while the ship returns and attacks Enterprise, only to once again leave. After a third encounter where Enterprise is badly damaged, the aliens board and attack two crew members, then leave yet again. At a fourth encounter, Enterprise manages to drive the aliens off. Unresolved. Who are these aliens? Where do they come from? Why did they attack Enterprise? Will they return?

2x18 - The Crossing
An alien ship carrying a small collection of ethereal beings traps Enterprise and takes over Commander Tucker. After a while more and more and more of the crew become 'possessed'. Using her Vulcan discipline, T'pol volunteers to try and meld with one of the aliens to try and find out more about them. After expelling the life form T'pol identifies that the aliens are lying to them. Enterprise fights back and defeats the aliens. Unresolved. Who are these aliens? Are there more of them? What was their real plot?

3x01-24 - The entire expanse season
Enterprise must go into the Delphic Expanse to seek out a race called the Xindi after an attack by them on Earth. Through the course of their mission they learn of another race of aliens guiding the Xindi only known as 'The Sphere Builders'. And they learn that the entire Delphic Expanse was created by these aliens in an attempt to transform our reality to be more compatible with their own biology. They present this information to the Xindi, and with their help manage to stop the super weapon that's headed to Earth to destroy it. Unresolved. What ever happened to the Xindi? Where do the Sphere Builders really come from? When will they return? It's figured that the federation will finally end a war with them in 2550, that's only 141 years away from STO. Would stand to figure that that war would start somewhere. They also went through a lot of effort to transform an entire section of space to be more habitable for them, stands to reason there is something here they really want.

Star Trek The Original Series
1x02 - The Corbomite Maneuver
Exploring a distant region of space, the Enterprise is threatened by Balok, commander of a starship from the First Federation. Kirk signals to Balok that a substance aboard all Federation vessels called corbomite, undocumented in any ship's memory banks, has made attacks infeasible for two centuries. The crew then find out it was all a test and that Balok was lonely. They leave behind a crew member in a sort of cultural exchange and continue their way. Unresolved. Aside from the note on the star chart in "Conspiracy" and the brief mention of tranya in "Facets", there have been no references to the First Federation in any subsequent episodes or movies. What happened to them? Will they ever return?

Star Trek The Next Generation:
1x25 - Conspiracy
An alien life form infiltrates deep into the heart of the Federation, taking over three top ranking admirals and several other officers. At the end of the episode Picard and Riker manage to stop several of them, and kill what appeared to be the queen. But at the end it's discovered that Remmick(host to the queen) transmitted a homing beacon before he died and that should the parasites receive it, they would know where to find Earth. Unresolved. Nothing more is ever seen from these creatures again. What happened to the homing beacon? Did the parasites receive it? Are there more out there?

6x05 - Schisms
Subspace solanogen-based aliens abduct members of the Enterprise crew and perform experiments on them in an attempt to adapt themselves to our universe. The crew eventually picks up on this and works to stop them and close the rift they have created in the Enterprise's cargo bay. Moments before the rift is fully closed an energy discharge escapes and leaves the Enterprise. Unresolved. What was that energy? Where did it go? Does this mean the aliens will be back? What do they have planned for our universe should they succeed where they failed last time?

Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Surprisingly, none that I could see. I may have missed one or two though. There was the missing Jem'hadar fleet, but that's been taken care of in the latest(at the time of this posting) Featured Episode.

Star Trek Voyager
2x01 - The 37's
Voyager encounters a 1936 Ford truck floating in space and investigates. After taking it aboard they discover an AM radio signal emanating from a nearby planet. Once there they find a an old earth airplane and the mysteries mount when they find humans from Earth's past cryogenically frozen. Later they discover that aliens had abducted humans and brought them to this planet as labor. The humans rebelled and once the aliens had been driven off they developed their own culture. After a bit of a rest, Voyager takes off and resumes her journey towards the Alpha Quadrant. Unresolved. What happened to the humans? Did they ever get curious about Earth? Did they try to reach Earth? Did another race help them get to Earth to see the home of their ancestors?

If I've missed any, please post them. Or if you have any other questions you want answered from possible content created from these or others, please post those as well.

This post is intended to be positive and supportive. STO/Cryptic/Perfect World haters need not apply. Trying to help get new content, not turn the developers off to being creative.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 08:30 PM
The elephant in the room is CBS. Will CBS actually let them resolve those unsolved episodes in the game?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 08:51 PM
ah, the Xindi.. supposedly they joined the federation, but what if not all of them did? I think they would make an awesome playable faction
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Frak the Xindi... No more of them. EVER. They ruined a good series. Or at least a series that had good potential. That entire storyline was crap. That entire species was ridiculously childish in construction. It was a horrible horrible thing to force upon ST fans.

Let's leave that out of the game, please?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 08:57 PM
no...just no. based on what i've seen so far with cryptic's continuation of a DS9 story line, I'd prefer they stick to their own
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
The parasites were brought up again in the books, and I liked their involvement in the stories on DS9, especially the end of it all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
The parasites were brought up again in the books, and I liked their involvement in the stories on DS9, especially the end of it all.
Unfortunately, the books are not canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster
Frak the Xindi... No more of them. EVER. They ruined a good series. Or at least a series that had good potential. That entire storyline was crap. That entire species was ridiculously childish in construction. It was a horrible horrible thing to force upon ST fans.

Let's leave that out of the game, please?
Your opinion, I personally liked the Expanse season. It was all the time travel that screwed up the series.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynShaufer
Unfortunately, the books are not canon.
True, but that wasn't why i mentioned it. This game isn't exactly all canon either.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
True, but that wasn't why i mentioned it. This game isn't exactly all canon either.
Oh, you have no idea how much I agree with you there. With a little digging you may even find a post I made about how STO is an alternate timeline and my reasons for this.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynShaufer
Oh, you have no idea how much I agree with you there. With a little digging you may even find a post I made about how STO is an alternate timeline and my reasons for this.
As long as you don't think JJ's is the prime one, we're good.:p