Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground combat, More officers
02-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Hey guys, I wanted to ask this question. I was redoing one of the missions and ended up teaming with another player. When we beam down for the ground part, it so happens that both he and I brought all our bridge officers along. Which mean that is a total of 10 ground units playing through the entire ground combat including him and my character. I wanted to know is this some glitch, or it is really able to bring that many people down to ground combat missions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2012, 01:20 AM
seems like a glitch to me
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah, it sounds like a glitch. It's been a while since I've played one of the episode missions, but, as I recall, the ground team should still only be five players: you, the other bloke, and a mix of his BOffs and yours. It would be kind of cool to have 10 people though. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 02:55 AM
It's a glitch. Yesterday the game teamed me with someone during State of Q mission (without me asking for a team or anything, weird). I could bring 2 boffs, he could only bring one, so still a total of five shirts.
Lt. Commander
Am planning on testing it out, to see whether it happens again, but u guys can try too. I think The tick is that after the space combat part, U let your partner or yourself beam down first, then u or him beam down. So its like maybe the system thinks u going alone, and then another guy joins u. Am really anxious to see what happens, it really was dam fun bringing so many people, we totally annihilated all the borg on the ground
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowx0x
Hey guys, I wanted to ask this question. I was redoing one of the missions and ended up teaming with another player. When we beam down for the ground part, it so happens that both he and I brought all our bridge officers along. Which mean that is a total of 10 ground units playing through the entire ground combat including him and my character. I wanted to know is this some glitch, or it is really able to bring that many people down to ground combat missions?
Happend to me once on Cold Storage (last mission in Deferi FE), but I have never had it happen again so I dismissed the bug and thought it was fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I still dont get why we have 6 man tarnsporters and only 5 man away teams. It makes no sense!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
I still dont get why we have 6 man tarnsporters and only 5 man away teams. It makes no sense!
Sixth one is reserved to beam up all your loot at the end of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I've never had this happen to me...sounds like a glitch. Normally the story leading into the beam down would say that I was going in alone, but I could call for back up if needed. Funny too, even when I do ground STF, there is always the button to call reinforcements, but i've never used it.