Lt. Commander
# 1 Ranking up
02-22-2012, 07:12 PM
hey all was just wondering if i was the only person who thought the ranking system is waaaay to fast, i have been playing this awsome game for about a month in a half and im already level 42 50 is not to far out of reach im worried i will get bored after maxing out and only having weekly missions and u.g.c to mess with any thoughts on this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiljoy007
hey all was just wondering if i was the only person who thought the ranking system is waaaay to fast, i have been playing this awsome game for about a month in a half and im already level 42 50 is not to far out of reach im worried i will get bored after maxing out and only having weekly missions and u.g.c to mess with any thoughts on this?
Hey take your time getting to max rank that is what I did on all 6 of my characters believe me in the end you will be glad you did. Also get involved with the community when you get to endgame it makes the game so much better. I took about 3 to 4 weeks on each of my characters (which I thought was a long time) it makes it fun and try to read all the messeges from the story missions this game has amazing lore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2012, 07:18 PM
While levelling is fast, you can still continue to do the story missions and patrols that you're currently working on. You don't have to stop just because you reach max level, and since all those missions scale with your level, it's not like they'll suddenly be too easy for you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah i will prob stay interested in it after i hit 50 was just wanting others two cents if after hitting max level it is still as fun and all for a glimps into the future i have put about 40 dollars into this game and i just dont want to lose interest after investing money into it not that 40 dollars is alot concidering the price of say a ps3 game but moneys money.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
I would say the answer to your question depends on what you like doing in STO?

If you're into STO for the advancement then you'll probably be bored with the game once you've gotten all your STF Borg gear. At that point all that's left to do is acquire more wealth and wait for new FEs.

If you're into STO because you like doing Missions and just playing-out Star Trek fantasies then there are hundreds of Foundry Missions which you can keep doing after you hit level 50 and have run though all the current content. I've found many of the Foundry Missions to be more enjoyable then some of the Cryptic Missions.

Of course you can always make an alt and try a new Class or new ship type as well - or possibly a KDF alt. I'm currently leveling a new alt only doing Foundry Missions. The progression is much, much slower.

And there's always PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Good point cosmic didnt think of it that way thanks for the encouragment gives me some good ideas for the future thanks i appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2012, 08:28 PM
your lucky it took you that long, i started playing again at f2p and i was 50 within 2 and a half weeks max
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
your lucky it took you that long, i started playing again at f2p and i was 50 within 2 and a half weeks max
About 10 days as a newby that sort of suprised me. I did the dailes for dilithium and mirror event and made it so fast still don't hvae enough dilitthium to buy a new ship, thank whichever divinity some believe in that we got free ones or I would still be stuck in my starter ship.

I am only just following the story arcs now so that should keep me entertained. Even though I am not levelling it is still a journey which I tend to enjoy more than most end game content.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
There are literally over a dozen daily or weekly activities to do at endgame (though of varying quality).

I'd love to see development shift toward improving the quality of endgame and making it more systems-focused, i.e. Territory Control, Exploration revamp, Traade/R&D revamp, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
There are literally over a dozen daily or weekly activities to do at endgame (though of varying quality).

I'd love to see development shift toward improving the quality of endgame and making it more systems-focused, i.e. Territory Control, Exploration revamp, Traade/R&D revamp, etc.
Exploration revamp that is what I am waiting for and proably the only thing I would like to see in your list. I believe that Star Trek is all about exploration.