Lt. Commander
# 1 New Daily Idea!!!
01-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Can you tell I'm excited about this? Seriously though, I couldnt think of a good name for what this daily would be called, so please give some suggestions.

Anyway, earlier this morning I was thinking how bored I was in this game that I might just play through all of the storyline missions again now that they all scale to your level. Then I thought, wouldnt it be nice to have an actual reason to replay these missions other than boredom?

So here is the idea: once you reach VA you unlock a new daily that requires you to replay one of the storyline missions. And even though the storyline missions do not normally award dillithium, the daily would.

IMO the kind of "meat" that the storyline missions offer is what is missing from the current dailies. You have lots of little short missions that are basically the same thing every day, but this would give you something to do to earn some dillithium with a little more depth. And if you played a different one each day it wouldnt always feel like you were doing the same thing.

So what should this daily be called?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
How about:

"Tying Up Loose Ends"

or

"Stuck in a Time Loop"

or

"Making the Best of a Bad Situation"

or

"Play it Again, Vic"
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
This is the best idea I have heard in a long time.

Make it randomly select a storyline mission.

Call it, anything I dont care!

And it could even have a 1 hr reset instead of a daily reset, after all we can grind STFs all day for dilithium why not this!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Slightly more upbeat:
"Dailies and chips" as in Fish and chips.

Sarcastic:
"Imaginable storylines but unimaginable rewards"

Dirty:
"Captains gone wild" or "Stories gone wild"-the kind of stories you only see after 11:00 p.m. on star fleet television.

Cynical:
"We don't go to Stovokor; It's already here"

Anti-climatic:
"Red alert: It's only a drill"
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 01:03 PM
nice idea. id go with the timetravel theme of doing old events again.

'Time and again'

'Reliving the past'

'Temporal investigations'
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
On second thought, it would be nice to give those holodeck rooms at Starfleet Academy an actual use, so maybe it could have something to do with a holodeck review of your past performance or something along those lines.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I was gonna say, maybe something like "historical simulation" or "Cadet History Lessons" i.e. you're replaying missions to educate cadets.

BTW, didn't it used to be that if you walked in to the holodecks at SFA you could select missions to replay? Did they remove this (along with the ready room console) when they revamped the mission interface screen for S5? Kind of a shame that they would forcibly take those alternate access routes out, since hitting "J" is not really RP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Reminiscence?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I like this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
i want to level a sci character, for science healing etc,, you want to do it together?