Lt. Commander
# 61
02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
I'll just leave these here.

Tech Specs - Vessel history

Physical model shots.

And if this does come to fruition, I really really hope that Logan doesn't slack off on it like most of the others that are still missing details. RCT systems, Navigational lighting. Running lighting. Markings.
Galaxy Stardrive is still missing the actual bridge on it and it has no hull and nacelle RCT after all these years.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Would be nice if one could buy the ship and then select a template
Would also be nice if you could get it at T4 and it would grow with you to T5
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiberry

Physical model shots.

And if this does come to fruition, I really really hope that Logan doesn't slack off on it like most of the others that are still missing details. RCT systems, Navigational lighting. Running lighting. Markings.
Galaxy Stardrive is still missing the actual bridge on it and it has no hull and nacelle RCT after all these years.
That physical model shot in the top left section of that page is just awesome. The enterprise_C is gorgeous with that sea blue deflector, and she just looks like she's ready to kick some Romulan tail with those narrow nacelles poised at her sides like a cheetah's legs crouched below her as she stalks her prey. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I have always loved the slender looks of the Enterprise_C over the fat, bruttish look of the Galaxy class

Thanks for posting these.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:

Physical model shots.

Thanks for posting the links. They really need do need to look at bottom link to make sure they get the ship right.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:

Physical model shots.

I'm now seeing the one flaw in Ambassador model that sits badly with me. It only displays an impulse drive on the lower section of the starship and not even covered housings on the saucer. To translate into game, it would likely be as literal as the Nebula-class (which does at least offer covered impulse engine housings). To my surprise, I visited Andrew Proberts website. He only made a painting with a forward view. He hadn't ever tried to build a model. Of his attempt to design a model since then, it displays impulse engines on the saucer. But not down below.

Yet. Rick Sternbach's TNG Techical Manual states that Galaxy's saucer separation assembly came from Ambassador. So clearly, someone of repute did consider saucer separation to be a part of the design. If it does make it into STO, I prefer the possibility at the very minimum. Even if we never see it (a version that separates) for a few years.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Most technical manuals are not official.
What I think happened was that the Ambassador class was rushed into production due to the cold war was at it's peak and a war with klingons and romulans was looking inevitable.
Then when peace treaty with the Klingons was made the ambassador class was resigned to allow saucer separation.
Much like the NX Excelsior and the Enterprise-B.
Excelsior NX-2000 "Trans-warp test bed ship."
Enterprise-B refit "Resigned to detect cloaked ships and fitted with a standard warp drive and what looks like a faster impulse drive then the NX Excelsior."

So that means a saucer separation ambassador class might of never been shown or designed.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Tier 4 cruiser skin.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
I'm now seeing the one flaw in Ambassador model that sits badly with me. It only displays an impulse drive on the lower section of the starship and not even covered housings on the saucer. To translate into game, it would likely be as literal as the Nebula-class (which does at least offer covered impulse engine housings). To my surprise, I visited Andrew Proberts website. He only made a painting with a forward view. He hadn't ever tried to build a model. Of his attempt to design a model since then, it displays impulse engines on the saucer. But not down below.

Yet. Rick Sternbach's TNG Techical Manual states that Galaxy's saucer separation assembly came from Ambassador. So clearly, someone of repute did consider saucer separation to be a part of the design. If it does make it into STO, I prefer the possibility at the very minimum. Even if we never see it (a version that separates) for a few years.
From what I can see on ex-astris, all of those model shots have impulse engines with covered housing. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:

Physical model shots.

I can't get over how beautiful this ship design is, a great blend between TOS and TNG!!! Oh! I wants one!
Lt. Commander
# 70
02-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Tier 4 cruiser skin.
No, just no.

The Galaxy class is 641 meters long in length whereas the Ambassador is only 526 meters long. The Galaxy Class weighs in at nearly 5 million metric tons, but the Ambassador is only at around 2,350,000 metric tons. The crew of the Ambassador is 1014, yet the crew of the Ambassador is only 550.

Ditlit.org has the Galaxy class's combat maneuverability rated at 1000. The Ambassador's is 2500. I have no dea what kind of scale they are using, but that is more than twice the maneuverability. These two ships are not the same, and please don't try to assume they are.