Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvinator View Post
Unfortunately you also cannot grant diplomatic immunity on yourself. You'll always need someone to cast it on you regardless of your diplomacy level.
Ummm isn't it an automatic immunity skill now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvinator View Post
Unfortunately you also cannot grant diplomatic immunity on yourself. You'll always need someone to cast it on you regardless of your diplomacy level.
Wrong. Once you gain the ability, you can enter Klingon please whenever you please. No need to 'cast' it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
I routinely throw it on ships in passing in sector space. Even if they aren't trying to go to OL, the speed boost is useful anywhere (in sector space).

I just wish other people would throw it on me once in awhile, especially my non-VA's that don't have Quantum Slipstream.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Ummm isn't it an automatic immunity skill now?
When you gain the Diplomatic Immunity ability, you also have the required flag to be able to enter Omega Leonis. The Diplomatc Immunity ability allows you to flag others and gives them the (much deprecated) Warp Speed boost.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
When you gain the Diplomatic Immunity ability, you also have the required flag to be able to enter Omega Leonis. The Diplomatc Immunity ability allows you to flag others and gives them the (much deprecated) Warp Speed boost.
Any boost is better than nothing. Especially at the beginning. I like to give them to Miranda's parked near me while I'm waiting on DOff assignments to wrap up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I randomly grant it to people in social zones out of boredom. I've had it granted to me as well for the same reason. Hang out at DS9 or ESD, someone will eventually give it to you.
Unless someone is a low level and thus flying a slow ship and unlikely to have accumulated enough DXP on their own then please don't do that.

Diplomatic Immunity can actually lower people's warp speed to the old maximum from warp 10. I've been hit with this and hate it. It borders on griefing and I'd really like to see a fix for it where the warp speed buff was actually, you know, still a buff for me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvinator View Post
Unfortunately you also cannot grant diplomatic immunity on yourself. You'll always need someone to cast it on you regardless of your diplomacy level.
If you can grant it then you don't need anyone to cast it on you. Anyone with the grant power has the ability to enter KDF space.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Unless someone is a low level and thus flying a slow ship and unlikely to have accumulated enough DXP on their own then please don't do that.

Diplomatic Immunity can actually lower people's warp speed to the old maximum from warp 10. I've been hit with this and hate it. It borders on griefing and I'd really like to see a fix for it where the warp speed buff was actually, you know, still a buff for me.
It affects warp? Why?

I'm not doubting you but that's a dumb side-effect the devs put in if true.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
It affects warp? Why?

I'm not doubting you but that's a dumb side-effect the devs put in if true.
It's supposed to give a "warp speed bonus" (that was always supposed to be the case) and it does for slower ships. However if you're travelling above the old maximum (which I do with, like, all of my ships) it drops you to that. I imagine this is a bug.

I believe the general thinking behind it giving a speed buff is that it's supposed to allow you to travel a little more directly and less cautiously because you needn't fear running into any potential issues. Sort of a "meta" thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
It affects warp? Why?

I'm not doubting you but that's a dumb side-effect the devs put in if true.
Before Driver Coils Captain skill, the only source of extra Warp Speed was the Borg Set Engine. Diplomatic Immunity is a nice boost to have on you at lower level.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 AM.