Lt. Commander
# 31
02-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvinator View Post
Unfortunately you also cannot grant diplomatic immunity on yourself. You'll always need someone to cast it on you regardless of your diplomacy level.
Actually, it auto grants itself on you (if you have it) for Feds whenever you enter Omega Leonis. (It may for KDF too whe n they enter Sirus, but I've yet to get Maurading 4 on my KDF character to test if that's the case.)
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Actually, it auto grants itself on you (if you have it) for Feds whenever you enter Omega Leonis. (It may for KDF too whe n they enter Sirus, but I've yet to get Maurading 4 on my KDF character to test if that's the case.)
Marauding Force and Diplomatic Immunity are granted at rank three not four.

You "sort of" get it self-cast though. You don't get the speed "bonus" (haha) by unlocking the ability, you do however get the ability to enter enemy sectors.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately you also cannot grant diplomatic immunity on yourself. You'll always need someone to cast it on you regardless of your diplomacy level.
Why would you want to grant it to yourself, anyway? If you can grant it, you already have it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkehund View Post
Why would you want to grant it to yourself, anyway? If you can grant it, you already have it.
Because in my excelsior with borg engines i go warp 20 in sector, warp 30 in slipstream normally. When my buddy cast diplo on me i go warp 25 in sector and warp 35 in slipsyream. I have tier 4 diplo btw.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Diplomatic Imunity is a passive skill when you get it you can cast it on firends so they can explore and hit 9.975 warp speed. I have the power and it is fun to cast on random low level characters and watch them speed up faster than the stars.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
I stand corrected. You are correct. You, and the others that have corrected me.

I figure I never had it and I only tried to go in when someone else granted it on me since I've been Tier 3. I just tested this out right now and I can warp into KDF space no problem. Sorry for the mis-information.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-25-2012, 03:24 PM
i have had it cast on me a few times.

i have also had a few other buffs casted as well lol like engineering team makes sector travel more amusing
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Strange thing about that is, the other day I was able to venture into Klingon space WITHOUT this buff. However I do have diplomacy maxed.

Either it's a bug, or we no longer need another person to cast it on us if we're maxed out on diplomacy.

EDIT: I guess it was changed some time back and I never read about it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
So, if you're Diplomatic rank 3, the only way to get the speed buff is to have it casted on you?

That's a bummer. I was wondering how I get the skill to work properly.

And, how does this help max out diplomatic experience?