Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
I completed it just fine in the default shuttle they gave me, and again in the Runabout I got from DS9 for EC. You do realize that almost every fight can be avoided, or run away from, right? The only things you have to kill to progress are some scorpion fighters.
Hell, the Captain's Yacht almost makes it unfair.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
The boff also mentions the Runabout you can buy for less EC than the return on recycling a random deflector dish. And which if it hadn't been in game nearly a year before the mission came out you'd think was specifically designed to fight those Scorpion fighters.
That doesn't make the requisition chip any less pointless, or the "Buy the Delta Flyer!" bit any less annoying.

And funny thing, if the Admiral says "Here, use this shuttle to complete this mission", I expect to be able to complete the mission with the damn shuttle. Having to respawn multiple times to fight every group of scorpions (and there are a lot) is not fun, and I have no idea how somebody is supposed to actually defeat the Bird of Prey at the end of the interior segment. The only reason I was able to finish the mission is I somehow got out of combat long enough to warp out of the interior. Which makes no sense!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNoir View Post
That doesn't make the requisition chip any less pointless, or the "Buy the Delta Flyer!" bit any less annoying.

And funny thing, if the Admiral says "Here, use this shuttle to complete this mission", I expect to be able to complete the mission with the damn shuttle. Having to respawn multiple times to fight every group of scorpions (and there are a lot) is not fun, and I have no idea how somebody is supposed to actually defeat the Bird of Prey at the end of the interior segment. The only reason I was able to finish the mission is I somehow got out of combat long enough to warp out of the interior. Which makes no sense!
I've never died playing that level, even on Elite. But I put Rare MkX Antiprotons on it though...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Same here, though elite on a type-8 I did die several times. On normal, I had a pretty reasonable attempt at taking out the Mogai in a type-8, and I know people have actually done it on higher settings.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I've never died playing that level, even on Elite. But I put Rare MkX Antiprotons on it though...
Well I did it as part of the leveling process, so I didn't have access to equipment that excessively outgeared it.

It sucked.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Same here, though elite on a type-8 I did die several times. On normal, I had a pretty reasonable attempt at taking out the Mogai in a type-8, and I know people have actually done it on higher settings.
In the Type-8, I avoid the Mogai. But the Captain's Yacht can go toe-to-toe with success.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Well I did it as part of the leveling process, so I didn't have access to equipment that excessively outgeared it.
Except mk X is one tier below the curve at VA, the equivalent of running odd-MK gear at most ranks, and calling rare weapons ridiculously overgearing is a stretch if they were top tier.

And I have done it as part of the leveling process, in a tac, in a type 8, with cobbled together mission rewards, on advanced (not elite).

Being bad at the mission is not a reason that the mission sucks, much less reason for thread****ting on somebody asking for help. Much less when there's a non C-store option that's very near the equal of the best C-store one, which can be had for less than a half hour's work at lieutenant and should be throwaway money by the time you get to the actual mission.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Except mk X is one tier below the curve at VA, the equivalent of running odd-MK gear at most ranks, and calling rare weapons ridiculously overgearing is a stretch if they were top tier.

And I have done it as part of the leveling process, in a tac, in a type 8, with cobbled together mission rewards, on advanced (not elite).

Being bad at the mission is not a reason that the mission sucks. Much less when there's a non C-store option that's very near the equal of the best C-store one, which can be had for less than a half hour's work at lieutenant and should be throwaway money by the time you get to the actual mission.
"You're just bad."

So predictable. The mantra of the internet warrior with nothing intelligent to say.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2012, 02:12 PM
never mind. Any reasonable response would be misrepresented anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
... so yea, so frustrated I wasn't paying attention that the map flows from upper left to lower right, kept going back to the first room.

sry to waste ya'lls time