Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't post in builds forum?
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I can post here no problem, but I can't post anything in the builds forum?

Why?

I would like to ask for help with a Tac/Cruiser build as I can't find a good one there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2012, 12:27 PM
you have to pay to use the forums.

This thread ( PC& Technical issues) is the only one that free to play users are allowed to post in. If you want to use the other parts of the forum you have to buy C-points or zen. The game is free to play but the forums are pay to post.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tardacus

This thread ( PC& Technical issues) is the only one that free to play users are allowed to post in. If you want to use the other parts of the forum you have to buy C-points or zen. The game is free to play but the forums are pay to post.
Thats not entirely true. To post in the rest of the forums you simply have to of been subscribed to the game for atleast 1 month, or made a direct C-store purchase. Once either of these pre-requisates is met, then the forums become unlocked (indefinatly). This is to prevent people that don't even play STO from spamming the forums (which acording to the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy is a 'bad thing') :-)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
So even though I bought the collectors edition, paid a sub for the first few months of STO from the launch (played in beta too) I can't post under the ftp model....ok thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythago View Post
So even though I bought the collectors edition, paid a sub for the first few months of STO from the launch (played in beta too) I can't post under the ftp model....ok thanks for the info.
If that is the case, you should be able to post in those area's. Like I said, if you've ever subscribed or made a C-store subscription (ever) then the forums are unlocked for you. I'll try and get one the the higher up mod's to look into this for ya

In the mean time, I'd suggest submiting a ticket about the issue (link to ticket system is in my signiture).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks, I have submitted a ticket as advised from the link.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Wow, great response to the ticket...all fixed now

Good service.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tardacus

Buy C-Store points, is that with real money or with ingame Dilithium.

I really want to use the forums and I have been playing a 1-2 months I thought forum lockout would have just been a time issue. Also cannot whisper in game which is really annoying considering the time has passed to let me speak in zone and send items.

Edit
I have purchased keys from the C-Store using the dilithium exchange a couple of days ago.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyelite
Buy C-Store points, is that with real money or with ingame Dilithium.

I really want to use the forums and I have been playing a 1-2 months I thought forum lockout would have just been a time issue. Also cannot whisper in game which is really annoying considering the time has passed to let me speak in zone and send items.

Edit
I have purchased keys from the C-Store using the dilithium exchange a couple of days ago.
er...read my post above.

I just said it had been solved within hours! Was a mistake as I used to p2p.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythago View Post
er...read my post above.

I just said it had been solved within hours! Was a mistake as I used to p2p.
Was a seperate question to yours mate, I started on F2P and was wondering if I could use the forums after buying items from C-Store using ingame dilithium as it didnt state this on the F2P / Gold Differences.

It just said once you made a purchase on the C-Store.