Lt. Commander
Please do not misunderstand, I like having cut scenes in the game. That being said, its rather irritating to have to watch the same cut-scene over and over. There are a number of reasons this is irritating. Firstly, a lot of times I have to repeat the whole mission because it doesn't clear properly, or hangs up at the conference room. The other reason is that quite a few of us have multiple characters, or plan to replay it multiple times. if we know the story like the back of our hand, do we really need to see the cut scene EVERY TIME? I think not. Oddly, we use to be able to skip cut-scenes but now they're forced upon us. Please cryptic, please, please, please please, we're all beggin on our knees, let us skip cut scenes.

P.S.: This is why SWTOR (and other games I've seen it on) lets you opt out of a cut scene, because after a while people have seen it so many times.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2012, 03:32 AM
It seems like a logical addition. This idea has been adopted long ago in the past by almost every game... but not STO
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 05:34 AM
The sad part is, STO use to have this feature.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2012, 10:11 AM

Completely agree! Once you're views get into the double digits, it's just no fun anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2012, 12:59 AM
The cut scenes are fantastic and I understand that you want the player to not miss out on what great job you guys have done and I agree that perhaps the first one on your account should be forced to be watched, but when you are someone like me with 22 characters or more for others, then it starts to agitate and annoy. By the time I hit the 22nd character all I wish is that I was able to hit (ESCAPE) by the time I was on the 3rd toon. Please give us the escape option for those of us who have done it a ton of times and don't need to have it drilled into us over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2012, 01:43 AM
+1 to this, First time around its koo, after that, its annoying.....

they are good for an mmo, I have seen better, BUT these are better then most, and yet, they still annoy people who have seen them over and over(specially when helping friends level or going back for specific drops from lower level episodes.....

I dont want to sit for minutes at a time watching the same video I have seen a dozen times already.....
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2012, 01:23 PM
true, the cut scenes should be skippable lthroughout the game, like they already are with the Reman/Obisek missions and the Doomsday Machine ready room cut scenes for example. I figure it's just some tiny attribute thingie they have to set to enable the skipping
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Agree with DodgeHopper, Kitaro_Saji , AshenTech bananu ;

Now I do not have has many Captains as they do but it is more +7 Once you seen the cut seen at least once then you should be at lest to skip em after that . My recommendation is < Make it account based once your account has gone thought the cut scenes at least once then have an escape better yet a skip feature .

Once you've gone through the scene once you get bored with it .. and sure if you +22 +40 Captains you just wish to finish the mission and move on to the rest of the game weather it be PvP ,STF's, Doff Missions you have other stuff to do in game .. I to LOVE the Cut Scenes i think they are great for game and should stay in the game but plz give us a way to move past them if we have watch it more then once ..
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't remember if it was STO or CO but I remember a dev saying that some cut scenes are not skip-able because of processes going on in the background at the time. Stuff loading and whatnot.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2012, 05:47 PM
If they're going to start giving out lightside and darkside points, like the operation gamma thing suggests, then yeah, they absolutely need to add in "spacebar" to skip cutscenes.