Lt. Commander
I'm very pleased to announce a project that we at Starbase UGC have been very excited about for the past couple of months.

The Starbase UGC Featured Episode Series.

The Very Basic Synopsis
A 5 mission cross faction series (Giving a total of 10 unique missions), A group of Federation citizens have become more and more disgruntled with the current UFP Government. Unbeknownst to Starfleet, the Klingon Empire decides to take advantage of this. Working from the shadows, they manipulate the new Maquis, or United Liberation Front into acts of terrorism. But how deep does the betrayal go.

What we're looking for
Right now we're looking for two types of people. 1st, we need Experienced and/or Talented mission authors to take on the business of bringing these scripts to life and giving them their own personal flair to dialogues etc.
We need 3 or 4 of these people.
Each author would Ideally be making two missions a Fed mission and the corresponding Klingon Mission, but that's open to negotiation.

The 2nd type we're looking for are less experienced or less well known authors looking to sink their teeth into the foundry or make their mark. They would be tasked with making a side mission each. These missions would be released during the weeks and whilst they would not drive the main storyline, they will provide background lore and depth. You can treat them like the Breen Dailies.
We'll be looking for about 3 authors for those too.

Snippet from Episode 1 -Resistance Is Fertile

"We are the United Liberation Front. We can no longer sit idly by while our leaders grow fat and old behind their desks planning their wars and killing off the youth of hundreds of worlds. It is an evil waste of life and resources that the Alpha Quadrant and beyond can no longer afford. The Federation was once a beacon of light. Exploring the galaxy in peace, but no more. You have become the neighborhood bully, willing to take up arms against all that do not surrender to your values. We intend to show you, the Federation, as well as all those you have sworn to defeat, that your aggressive nature will no longer be tolerated. We warn you now. This is just the beginning. We are everywhere."

What you have to do
If people could send and email with their ingame Handle, what position they'd like to apply for, why they want to be a part of this project and a list of their current missions to, sbugcfe@cerberusfilms.net.

We have a dedicated writing team working on the main scripts, but the authors will have plenty of free reign to make them their own.

We really think this could be an awesome project, that could rival Cryptic's own Featured Series. We intend for it to be fully Voice Acted and to have a music score to go along with it.

We'll be looking for various other participants to provide voices later on in development.

We hope you'll support this somewhat ambitious but amazing project.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2012, 08:41 PM
This is awesome news. Can't wait for this to be fully underway. Hopefully you'll have a place for little old me .

So come on Foundry people get your applications in and let's get this project out there for the masses to enjoy!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm curious...

1.) Are these intended as playable Foundry missions, or videos?

Btw, when I see "have a music score", I'm immediately reminded of the latest PrimeTimeUGC video broadcast (which you, cerebrusfilms, co-hosted). It features an interview with H2Orat aka Mark Valentine (Perfect World). He alluded that we would NOT hear original music added to any STO Foundry missions.

And without voice-over support in the Foundry, I'm understandably curious how that would come to fruition...

2.) Is there a concerted effort to have a release schedule (including marketing plans, launch dates), or is this entirely ad hoc?

I'm intrigued, although I'd like to know more first.

Thanks,
Tucana
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
I'm curious...

1.) Are these intended as playable Foundry missions, or videos?
They will be Foundry missions. 10 missions total. 5 for each faction.

Quote:
Btw, when I see "have a music score", I'm immediately reminded of the latest PrimeTimeUGC video broadcast (which you, cerebrusfilms, co-hosted). It features an interview with H2Orat aka Mark Valentine (Perfect World). He alluded that we would NOT hear original music added to any STO Foundry missions.

And without voice-over support in the Foundry, I'm understandably curious how that would come to fruition...
And there are various ways members of the community have developed over the past few months that we hope to utilise to bring in the Voice Overs and Music support. The most likely solution (and hopefully most user friendly) will utilise a preprogrammed playlist and use the software already built into STO rather than a 3rd party app.

Quote:
2.) Is there a concerted effort to have a release schedule (including marketing plans, launch dates), or is this entirely ad hoc?

I'm intrigued, although I'd like to know more first.

Thanks,
Tucana

Yes there is. At the moment we're hoping for a weekly release, but we may switch it to a bi weekly release, depending on how things go.
We'll wait til we have the authors selected and have started work on the missions themselves before we announce a release date.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Good luck with everything!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms
Yes there is. At the moment we're hoping for a weekly release, but we may switch it to a bi weekly release...
If he were to go "by the book" weeks would seem like years...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
This sounds quite interesting - sign me up
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Interesting. How does this technically work? Would one player account recreate the mission of another author? Or, would a script be submitted? I'm interested in helping, but I'd like to know more about the map building, sharing logistics of it all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm interested. E-mail sent.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Interesting. How does this technically work? Would one player account recreate the mission of another author? Or, would a script be submitted? I'm interested in helping, but I'd like to know more about the map building, sharing logistics of it all.
We have a small team writing the 10 scripts. When all these scripts are finished and all the authors selected, we will pass the scripts to the authors.
The authors then create the maps for the missions and flesh it out with both the provided dialogue and anything else they want to add in. The scripts are basically guides. They include what HAS to be in the mission, the individual author will have a lot of free reign to add or change things to put their personal stamp on it, so long as they keep the main ideas.

That's basically it. For the other functionality ( voice overs etc) another small group will work with the authors to create the best way to add the extras to the individual missions.

The mission authors then simply publish under their name, with the mission title and description of the series and that's it.

Does that help KF? (I know it was a long and convoluted way of explaining it)