Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
We have a small team writing the 10 scripts. When all these scripts are finished and all the authors selected, we will pass the scripts to the authors.
The authors then create the maps for the missions and flesh it out with both the provided dialogue and anything else they want to add in. The scripts are basically guides. They include what HAS to be in the mission, the individual author will have a lot of free reign to add or change things to put their personal stamp on it, so long as they keep the main ideas.

That's basically it. For the other functionality ( voice overs etc) another small group will work with the authors to create the best way to add the extras to the individual missions.

The mission authors then simply publish under their name, with the mission title and description of the series and that's it.

Does that help KF? (I know it was a long and convoluted way of explaining it)
I like it. I would only worry that my own flare for specific characters, etc. might clash with the writing of a different author. Are the same characters spread out through the different episodes? What happens for example, if I make one character humorous, but then he or she show up in a later author's mission, where there is no humor or an entirely different personality?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I like it. I would only worry that my own flare for specific characters, etc. might clash with the writing of a different author. Are the same characters spread out through the different episodes? What happens for example, if I make one character humorous, but then he or she show up in a later author's mission, where there is no humor or an entirely different personality?
There are certain Key characters that have to be written in a specific way. But most of their dialogue will already be written so you won't have to worry about that.
Characters that you add should be run passed one of the senior team just to make sure it still fits in well and you're on the straight and narrow.. ish But really that's no problem.

We'll also most likely be running a collaborative document via google docs or dropbox where you just update it when you add a main'ish character or plot development so that the other mission authors can touchstone off them or add them in later missions (or even earlier ones, possibly)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
There are certain Key characters that have to be written in a specific way. But most of their dialogue will already be written so you won't have to worry about that.
Characters that you add should be run passed one of the senior team just to make sure it still fits in well and you're on the straight and narrow.. ish But really that's no problem.

We'll also most likely be running a collaborative document via google docs or dropbox where you just update it when you add a main'ish character or plot development so that the other mission authors can touchstone off them or add them in later missions (or even earlier ones, possibly)

Neat. Helna better show up somewhere, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Neat. Helna better show up somewhere, lol.
I'm thinking Bob.. but helna could work hehe
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-28-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm signed up to build one of the missions in the series, based on the guys' scripts.

Cerb sent me the notes for my part, and I'm beside myself with excitement
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Great to have you onboard Ali. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Just to clarify, have you already selected everyone taking part? If so, you might want to let the other people who signed up know, just so they know they don't need to set any time aside for the project.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Just to clarify, have you already selected everyone taking part? If so, you might want to let the other people who signed up know, just so they know they don't need to set any time aside for the project.
We haven't no. We've selected certain people for certain things so far.

I'm afraid I've been snowed under this week but I was planning on sending out emails tomorrow.