Lt. Commander
You guys need to add the Security Office on the promenade that Odo used in DS9. The look of the office as well as the holding cells in the back are well documented in the episodes. Plus it is a important room that I think is missed that shoould be an easy addition for your srt team.

With the addition of the Dominion Invasion. I think it is a needed addition as well. Come to think Of it, I cant think of how you guys forgot to add this. Outside of Quark's and maybe the Bajoran Temple. This was one of the main sets show on the show. There was always a shot of Odo behind his great big desk. Its almost as Iconic as Captian Sisko's Office in Ops.

And as an after thought, I don't know if this was on the promenade, but Doctor Bashir's Medical Office was also a well established set. These should both be added since currently there is NO security office, or sick bay. And these are 2 Iconic DS9 locations.

So what I would like to know is, can we have these 2 locations. and if so, can we have a rough estimate on how long it would take to see them?

As always, thank you! Love the new Bajor map. Cutscenes could get a little more polish. But all and all.... Nice
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Not something I thought about initially, but I do agree that this would really make DS9 seem more authentic and alive.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Did they make any improvements to DS9's interior map with the new FE? If so, what were they? And if not, will they? As pointed out, it could really use some tweaking to make it fit more canon. The later releases from the team have been a lot truer to canon, DS9 still has the "early days" feel to it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Good point!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
Did they make any improvements to DS9's interior map with the new FE? If so, what were they? And if not, will they? As pointed out, it could really use some tweaking to make it fit more canon. The later releases from the team have been a lot truer to canon, DS9 still has the "early days" feel to it.
I agree. All of DS9 should have been redone and canonized for this featured series. Odo's Office included! If the DS9 Series was developed under DStahl and Atari when they were doing well I'm sure it would have been redone, just like ESD and Qo'noS was.

The Conference Room in "Second Wave" is truly awesome. It's a shame they don't want to take the time to redo all of DS9. The way I see it, they really have no excuse as far as the number of players who visit and use the station for STFs and Episodes.

Plenty have asked that Taco-Head guy about remaking DS9. But he says his bosses didn't order him to do it and he's not going to do it on his own time. That they are not paid to go back and fix or redo stuff. And that they have to move on to make new environments. Basically, they don't care enough to put a DS9 revamp in the budget. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Plenty have asked that Taco-Head guy about remaking DS9. But he says his bosses didn't order him to do it and he's not going to do it on his own time. That they are not paid to go back and fix or redo stuff. And that they have to move on to make new environments. Basically, they don't care enough to put a DS9 revamp in the budget. Oh well.
Ooooh! Good twist!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Plenty have asked that Taco-Head guy about remaking DS9. But he says his bosses didn't order him to do it and he's not going to do it on his own time. That they are not paid to go back and fix or redo stuff. And that they have to move on to make new environments. Basically, they don't have the enough budget to put a DS9 revamp in the budget. Oh well.
Fixed that for you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
Fixed that for you.
Curiously, Cryptic supposedly is getting lots of money support from PWE, as well as the lockbox/grab-bag money scams... Still not enough in the budget for a canon DS9 interior?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2012, 09:15 PM
they're probably putting that money to better use. Also remember the smaller Staff size, they may not have enough people to work on that, probably focusing and more areas, like KDF improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Ooooh! Good twist!
That DS9 Conference Room is a masterpiece and brought a smile to my face. I want the rest of the station to be just as awesome. I want to see the higher ups give you the budget to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
Fixed that for you.
No fixing required as that is my opinion at this point.

CapnLogan faced opposition from his bosses about going back and fixing ship models to be canon. There was no budget for it and he fought to get it done nonetheless. His re-work had an extremely positive impact on the game and on the forums. And he ended up leader of the ship team.

The same can be said for the ESD and Qo'noS revamps. They could have left them as is and moved on to other projects. But DStahl made it happen based on player feedback and those too had a very positive impact on the game.

DS9 needs revamp love too but it won't happen until someone on the STO Team stands up and fights for it.