Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello Guys,

i am considering the purchse of a GALAXY-X, but one thing i need to know before:

How is the exact SHIELD STRENGTH of a GALAXY-X compared to the ODDY ?

As you all may know, the ODDY has the best hull and shields on Fed Cruisers (Assault- and Starcruiser, Galaxy Refit) except the GALXY-X. All have some smaller shields and hulls, but i dont know the numbers on a GALAXY-X...

So anyone out there, who have BOTH (ODDY and GALAXY-X) on SAME Char and can equip both with the SAME Shield (lets say an AEGIS or whatever) and can post the DETAILED numbers ?? :rolleyes:

Lets say: with Shield XYZ, the ODDY have X Shieldstrength and Y Shieldrecharge compared to the GALAXY-X with Z Strength and Y Recharge...

Many thx Guys
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 12:38 AM
http://s7.directupload.net/images/120224/zs5kx76t.png

Out of those 2 I would buy the Galaxy for its Lance and Cloak. The best would be to wait cause theres gonna be a better Odyssey in the C-Store soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failostirion View Post
theres gonna be a better Odyssey in the C-Store soon.
Source?

blah blah character limit. Grrr.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Setup Right
02-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Both ships can bery good given the right setup i love the galaxy x is rubbish at turn rate but so is the ody, but she is a tuff little ship.

but the ody will have +1 in c-store soon so weather that changes the specs i don't know but i do hell of lot more damage in the galaxy x and can stand a beating better than in the ody but that maybe down to the setup.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2012, 01:38 AM
I can deal a hell of alot more damage in my Gal X but the Odyssey can take a hell of a beating.

The Odyssey definetley has the better shields and hull but for sheer brute force the Gal X is the king.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Well they canīt make too much of a pay to win button out of the Oddy+1, so I expect about the same stats and BOFF layouts we have now and the "choose either saucer or aux-craft separation" console.
Anything more powerful and the Galaxy-R is basically totally useless and about all other cruisers with it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2012, 08:20 AM
There is also going to be a better Galaxy-X next month. Both ships have retrofits coming to cstore in March.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failostirion View Post
http://s7.directupload.net/images/120224/zs5kx76t.png

Out of those 2 I would buy the Galaxy for its Lance and Cloak. The best would be to wait cause theres gonna be a better Odyssey in the C-Store soon.
Using the picture above it's important to note that the Odyssey's extra Science Console slot also grants them the extra space to use the Shield Regen Console, making the Odyssey's Shields potentially even more powerful then the Dreadnought.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
There is also going to be a better Galaxy-X next month. Both ships have retrofits coming to cstore in March.
I believe the only change to the Dreadnought will be Saucer Separation.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashenfox
Source?

blah blah character limit. Grrr.
See the second last question.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/announcement.php?a=10