Lt. Commander
# 1 Unreplicatable materials
02-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Dear Cryptic,

Please consider adding common & uncommon unreplicatable materials as rewards for some doff assignments. Or maybe allow to trade big quantities of data samples for them. Or maybe a way to trade 100s of dreaded cardassian lockboxes for those materials. Or GPL. Or commodities. Whatever.

It is really weird that in order to craft something for my ship/away team, I need only slightly less dilithium from what is required to simply buy the item at dilithium store. I can't even think what fleet crafters must feel. After spending 55k dilithium on Aegis set, I won't craft anything useful for a looooooong time.

Dilithium cost especially hurts in case of blue items. I can live with purples being expensive (they are supposed to be the best) but not blues.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Id support the idea of doff assignments finding them in maybe quantities of 5.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Keep in mind, cryptic wants you to spend your dil in game so that you won't convert it into c store money but instead be tempted to convert c store money into dil. It is why they have a dilithium store accessible from anywhere (rather than at vendors like they do with everything else). I could see they putting one uncommon unreplicateable in doff missions, much like contraband, but I don't see them taking away incentives for you to use up that dil you just ground away for.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I understand their motivation but dilithium costs (especially for blue items) are just ridiculous when compared to prices of those same items in dilithium shop. In its current state they could just remove crafting of anything above Mk VI and nothing would change.