Lt. Commander
# 21
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I think it is to get a Pet and a Central Lance like gun, though I am not certain.
You are probably right about the pet, unfortunately. I'd like to order mine without it! It is supposed to be a battleship not a carrier.

On a side note, besides the Klingon species' own innate capabilities as a talented, intelligent, and creative people, we've had the opportunity to examine and adapt the technology of the Fek'ihri, Borg, Cardassions, Gorn, Orions, and many others to push our designs farther ahead. Yet IMO none of our Klingon ships or weapons really reflect that in any significant way so far.

Quote:
I would like the Option to have a Broadside capable weapon slots instead of the Pet.
Great idea about the broadside capability.... or just fix the broken turn rate so it is useable.
Quote:
Make the thing a Gunboat, a machine of war, not another pet spawning creation. We pop out more pets than a pregant rabbit on fertilization meds.
Its time to stop with the heavy petting and move back to being a fleet designed for war.
100% agreed

Lt. Commander
# 22
03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
The calaendar says March 15th...it shall be interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
The calaendar says March 15th...it shall be interesting.
Not to mention expensive.... :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Oh God Let It Be A Hanger And Not An Ability
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Since the Bortas already handles like a carrier, give it a hangar and make it one.
Last year I was saying it would be cool if the new Klingon flagship was like an evil Klingon version of the Battlestar Galactica. It would be cool if the +1 had a weapon that resembled a Battlestar firing its main guns. It would be comparable to the Galaxy Dreadnought's phaser lance.

I do love the hanger bay idea though
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's pretty good as it is?

You get more weapon power than other battle cruisers, it's the only cruiser-ish ship with 4 tac consoles, AND you have a universal seat to tailor as you see fit. Yeah, it turns slow, but as a beam boat, the thing can lay down a lot of firepower.

In particular, in the hands of an engineer? High def/aux, slot an Engineering bridge officer, and go to town -- you're incredibly hard to kill AND can put out sustained fire in excess of any of the other cruisers.

It's already fairly distinct from all the other options -- ok, all the purchased ships get some funky special, and obviously it should get SOMETHING. But as it is, I'd pay 400-800 CPs just to buy it as-is, if I didn't already have it on two characters.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-02-2012, 01:45 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIce

On a side note, besides the Klingon species' own innate capabilities as a talented, intelligent, and creative people, we've had the opportunity to examine and adapt the technology of the Fek'ihri, Borg, Cardassions, Gorn, Orions, and many others to push our designs farther ahead. Yet IMO none of our Klingon ships or weapons really reflect that in any significant way so far.
One could say the new console reflect that adaptation and creativity.
Though it is a known soft-canon fact that the KDF does not change what works and merely tries to adapt and improve what it can. I would like the vessels of the line to reflect the vigor of design that must have eixsted when teh Empire decided to start full scale production after the Dominion wars becuase many are very carbon copied in layout to the feds.
We need a more warlike stance to them and what ever downsides that may bring with it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd love to see those giant hardpoints on the front turned into a mega pulse cannon gun. You know, like the quad disruptors. Except 1000 times bigger. I mean, it's 1200 meters of engines, more engines and a heaping helping of mean for a reason...
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-03-2012, 02:43 PM
How about a 'weapon surge'? Something like BO, but way more powerful and then takes all weapons offline for ... some amount of time?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
True Battleships always carried a single fighter that could be launched. So if the Bortas+1 has a BoP pet, I'll have to break out the Tiger Blood, cause Cryptic is winning.
If you consider "something that flies" a fighter then yes.

If you consider these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermarine_Walrus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arado_Ar_196

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtiss_SOC_Seagull

fighters then yes.

The word you were looking for is "recon plane".