Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Great to have a newer version of the Runabout, and visually it looks good, but at first glance the Delta has better stats.

I wonder why we can't we have a Lt Cmdr universal in some of these shuttles?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Was gonna say, haven't we got enough shuttles on the federation side already? jeesh.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Have to agree; apparently the plan is to bring the factions eventually up to equal par but that goal becomes more difficult every-time something new is added to the Fed side. And like you say it's not about having a an exact copy for the Klingons with a different shuttle skin, it's about having an equivalent, similar but different.

Hopefully we'll see new additions sooner rather than later!
Right but the point is the new FE this week is a shuttle mission. So Starfleet gets a new toy, but the KDF doesn't? They can't keep promising to catch the KDF up with Starfleet if they keep adding new Starfleet only items.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
*Obligatory '/facepalm' emote*

Why... Why must it be another shuttle?

Didn't we only just get the Type 10 last week?

Cryptic, all this new and shiny stuff is all well and good, but I feel compelled to ask - when are getting a system that will allow us to put our shuttles somewhere useful, like... a shuttlebay, rather than clogging up our somewhat limited (and expensive) ship slots?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Interesting... Not completely sure I'll buy it, seeing as I'm perfectly happy with my Captain's Yacht and Delta Flyer, and don't see enough call to fly those except when I need to restock my Scorpion Fighters (and I guess whatever shuttle mission is coming with this FE)... but I will say that it does look nice.

Also nice note to include a tractor beam on a "tow" vehicle, even though tractor beams don't "tow", "drag", or "reel in" with current game mechanics, they just hold the target in place.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Yet another useless ship! When are we going to get a new assault cruiser?
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Right but the point is the new FE this week is a shuttle mission. So Starfleet gets a new toy, but the KDF doesn't? They can't keep promising to catch the KDF up with Starfleet if they keep adding new Starfleet only items.
Thanks for the ***Spoiler*** alert and yes I see your point.
Lt. Commander
# 18
cool, starfleet was probably due to create a replacement for the the old runabout by now.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
*Obligatory '/facepalm' emote*

Why... Why must it be another shuttle?

Didn't we only just get the Type 10 last week?

Cryptic, all this new and shiny stuff is all well and good, but I feel compelled to ask - when are getting a system that will allow us to put our shuttles somewhere useful, like... a shuttlebay, rather than clogging up our somewhat limited (and expensive) ship slots?
The Type 10 requires that you purchase the entire DS9 bundle, and is not (currently at least) available as an individual purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry, I thought the nature of this week's episode was common knowledge.