Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
*Obligatory '/facepalm' emote*

Why... Why must it be another shuttle?

Didn't we only just get the Type 10 last week?

Cryptic, all this new and shiny stuff is all well and good, but I feel compelled to ask - when are getting a system that will allow us to put our shuttles somewhere useful, like... a shuttlebay, rather than clogging up our somewhat limited (and expensive) ship slots?
Hey

Check out this thread "Can We Please Get a Seperate Space for Pets" and it's response by PWE_BranFlakes here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=256008
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Say, when will they add more Runabout skins? The regular Runabouts should have the option to go with/without the rollbar.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Not bad. Of course, with all these shuttles we HAVE to have more shuttle missions.

Two words.

SHUTTLE. DAILY. :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Hey

Check out this thread "Can We Please Get a Seperate Space for Pets" and it's response by PWE_BranFlakes here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=256008
Well, I do appreciate the need for Pet slots as well... But my understanding was that Pets and ships were essentially two different things.

And to be clear - my main gripe here is that for every very-rarely-used shuttle I buy, I lose a slot in my starship roster, which is probably far more valuable to me for when things like the Odyssey +1 roll around.

As it stands, I've already got the Danube, Delta Flyer, Type 10 and Captain's Yacht... That's five whole slots on my ship roster!
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
Not bad. Of course, with all these shuttles we HAVE to have more shuttle missions.

Two words.

SHUTTLE. DAILY. :p
That actually sounds like a cool idea.
Lt. Commander
# 26 Great small ship, but...
Still see no reason to buy shuttles/fighters/runabouts, except for the purpose of the few small craft restricted missions. Perhaps, when we have small craft restricted PvP or STFs, this will be a good deal. Right now it's just not enough game play is devoted to small craft ...

Ship itself is cool though. As always.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Can we get some screenshots that show other angles, to me the current pic looks more like a render error where part of it is inside out and overall looks quite fugly.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I kinda see where this ship was going, visually.
And it would have looked nice if it went there.

But instead it made a sharp 90 degree left turn and drove off a cliff.

No
thank
you.

I will stick to my delta flyer, and the only thing that would get me out of it would be a mission scout ship or Janeway's SC-4
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Well, I do appreciate the need for Pet slots as well... But my understanding was that Pets and ships were essentially two different things.

And to be clear - my main gripe here is that for every very-rarely-used shuttle I buy, I lose a slot in my starship roster, which is probably far more valuable to me for when things like the Odyssey +1 roll around.

As it stands, I've already got the Danube, Delta Flyer, Type 10 and Captain's Yacht... That's five whole slots on my ship roster!
Bingo.

You have 5 Small craft and they have a grand total of one mission with which they are appropriate. They took out the Delta Daily. This FE episode will be only the second mission where a shuttle is appropriate. The least they could do is give us a second personal shipyard to store them in.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Look at the full stats, it seems that it's not a special console but innate abilities of the Shuttle. It's seems a bit overkill for for two missions that (will be) in the game. I can't see players being interested in buying it. The Ship Collectors sure, that's a given But I can't see the draw for the Yellowstone. But....

with PvP getting some focus for Season 6. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there will be a one or more Shuttle only PvP maps that will be a part of Season 6. That will make the Yellowstone a tempting ship for PvP. A substantial amount of extra power for the systems at <75 power setting. An ability that doesn't use a console slot. And a Nice ability for PvP especially Shuttle PvP.

And taking a theoretical canonistic extrapolation based on the Yellowstone being in the game, I see (I REALLY WISH for ) a new Space Set based on the Tetyron Plasma Power System.. The Engine giving a boost to Driver Coil with enhanced engine stats possibly with [AUX] or the engine restart like the KHG Engine. Deflector giving substantial Flow Capacitor bonus. The Shield giving a substancial bonus for Power Insulators or a resistance from shield drains.

2 Piece Set bonus +30 Tetryons, +32 Warp Core Potential
3 Piece set bonus - the Eject Tetyron Plasma ability.

And (PLEASE, Oh PLEASE) be craftable.