Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockerd View Post
I preffer the optionals because I dont want to spend an hour
The correct answer. Getting the optional means you did the STF fast.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
The correct answer. Getting the optional means you did the STF fast.
actualy no, the correct awnser is, I dont want to spend a whole fraking hour trying to fight of probe after probe because someone blew the generator long before he took care of the cube and other such nonsense. I do want to do Infected Space {elite} fast because of the fact there is no way to smell the roses in a bloodbath of borg, not to meniton the fact that if by some miracle we get the optional it wouldnt hurt to try and get the other nice bit of loot....why wouldnt we on the easiest STF.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Optionals means extra loot. People are naturally annoyed that they couldn't get the full reward. All it takes is a bit more coordination and a willingness to actually be a team.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Um, because everything you do you should do the best you can.
Even in Video Games
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2012, 05:05 PM
i never cared for the optionals and every team i have been in has never got the optionals completed, nor any teamwork let alone any writing on the board. what does it matter getting the extra scrap? sure it may get you an item, but maco gear cant hav periodic hull and shield regens when you need them most, or the ability to travel at warp 14.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Every extra shot at loot is good. My only complaint about them is by their nature, two people can do all the work getting the optional, and by sheer luck of the dice roll, the three freeloaders who did nothing but screw around can leave with all the extra loot.

It's not worth getting upset over failing, though. So what if you fail? You still get your loot bag and at least an EDC at the end. No use crying over it or yelling at others.
Gotta agree here, im usually the guy who kills all the probes and both sides of my gate solo before 4 other of the group can kill their gate. Or i kill a whole probe/cube construction site before they can kill 1, while killing all the bop and raptors.

Im in a negvar.... yet i always lose rolls. I dont think im more deserving but it would be kinda nice if there was some mvp type thing that people could vote on at the end and you get like a random roll of borg salvage, common, rare.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I personally do not care about the optional. Why should I? For s 20% shot at some extra loot, most of which is just some Mk XI console. Today I managed to get a grp for Infected and KA elite that both made the optional look like a joke, that was nice. Honestly no point in getting upset over something 1 troll can ruin you chance at any way,
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Bottom line, it is the luck of the draw.

Sometimes you get an efficent players.

And sometimes you don't.

Example--

Played in Infected and KA--Team 1 missed the optional by 10 seconds, Team 2 spilted and I was taking care of the probes, while that being done...I watched them and saw some of them, just be stationary for 30 seconds or more. While the Clock was racing.

Lost to the clock, and went to deal with the final boss, one player just quit. That in turn made me crank up my DPS on Wpns to make up for the extra loss of firepower.

The job got done in the end.

Sidenote: WIth Team 2, it was noticed that some ships had multi-colored beam arrays.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Sometimes it is more than just One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaknar
I personally do not care about the optional. Why should I? For s 20% shot at some extra loot, most of which is just some Mk XI console. Today I managed to get a grp for Infected and KA elite that both made the optional look like a joke, that was nice. Honestly no point in getting upset over something 1 troll can ruin you chance at any way,